Axe-Fx II Firmware V12.00 Up

I missed the chance to beta test this version and finally installed the release tonight. It's fantastic!!! SCENE CONTROLLERS are another fantastic leap forward for the performing player. I can't wait to put them to use and I'll share exploits here :)

Two words: scene controllers.

You want 'em man. You want 'em baaaaaad. :)

Yes, yes I do. I'm currently using 2 amp blocks with the same amp to basically cover different gain ranges. With 2 scene controllers, one attached to drive and one to level, I can use one block, get more variations, AND dispense with X/Y dropout. Very cool.

Oh my,
Dropped the new wrecker2 in one of my templates, awesome!
All my other patches transferred fine too.

Thank you Cliff!

Dang! just back from 5 week trip, uploaded 11.5 last night... Guess Im at it again now then. Thanks thanks and thanks!!!

I had to retweak my main live patch :( sounds muffled in comparison to FW 11.05. Had to add a Filter block to make it sound less muffled but other patches for some reason sound sorta the same lol weird! but good stuff as usual :D

I missed the chance to beta test this version and finally installed the release tonight. It's fantastic!!! SCENE CONTROLLERS are another fantastic leap forward for the performing player. I can't wait to put them to use and I'll share exploits here :)

The clarity is just astounding!

PS - your avatar has reached its shelf life ... me thinks! :)

Thanks for the update !
I'm away from my Axe till Saturday, and I have a question in the meantime : does the scene controllers means that we can now have 8 different values (as there are 8 scenes) of a parameter within one preset ?

Yeah, saw you where too busy with DT. ;)

Thanks for the update !
I'm away from my Axe till Saturday, and I have a question in the meantime : does the scene controllers means that we can now have 8 different values (as there are 8 scenes) of a parameter within one preset ?

Yes.

Errr, edit: what he said above me.

I've been very busy with many things and apologize if your pet amp/pedal/wish didn't make it into this firmware
Clearly! Thanks so much for this surprise update, i had no idea 12 was going to be released so soon, or even in the works for that matter. You rule Cliff! I'm sure when the HM-2 shows up itll be killer! Until then.... there goes my weekend down the rabbit hole...

Last edited:
does the scene controllers means that we can now have 8 different values (as there are 8 scenes) of a parameter within one preset ?

Yes. It's more flexible than that though...

You get two scene controllers. Each scene controller can be assigned a distinct value for each scene. And both controller can be freely assigned to as many controllable parameters in your blocks in a patch as you want, just like all the other controllers.

Now...I'll just step back and cover myself in this tarp as brains everywhere explode. PHOOOSH! :)

wow.

So, that's the idea M@ suggested to Cliff. Brilliant ! I can already picture dozens of uses to it. eight gain/master settings within one amp ? Possible !

Back
Top Bottom