Axe-Fx II Firmware V11.03 Up

all these amps on which the Mimics was redone (see Cliff list) sound absolutely great now. Nice note separation and punch.

I tested this FW update with the MatrixGT1000FX and a Marshall Cab and sounds better than ever. The 5150 RED sounded like the real... and so much better!

Reactions: Ole
I'm pleased that Fractal updates are always improving the unit and not just change for change's sake, like iOS. There are some folks there doing their best to justify their jobs. (see what I did there?). Yes, we want improvements, but why mess with what already works? Take the new Axe-Edit for example. The old version was easy to navigate, and we all got used to how it operated, so the new version was created using it as a template, hence we won't find anything unfamiliar with it. That's sensible. And V11 just made the unit a lot better without sacrificing a thing. Good work FAS.

reverted back to 10.09

View attachment SUSTAIN EJ QUIET.syx
I tried 11.03 but reverted back to 10.09. All of my custom presets sounded better except the one attached. I could not pin down what parameter changed. all the life and edge went out of it to the point of uselessness. Im hoping to try the upgrade again soon but want to gather forum info first. Let me know if anyone has recommendations. This is a clean distortion, acoustical. I use a BBKing Lucile Guitar with all knobs at max and the variable switch set to 1 (meaning it is disabled). I also use Sampson 200 watt each FRFR Speakers (I don't recall the model# off hand).

will the patches i created with v11beta be compatible with 11.03 ? or willl it have some output clipping issues

In Then last tour for monuments and Skyharbor in Russia, (I do foh for Skyharbor) the backline vendor defaulted and olly was left without an amp of choice. We offered one of our axe fx 2s loaded with 11.03, plugged it behind a jcm900, turned up the jcm volume to about 5, disabled sag on the amp section, and used the Das metal model. It is absolutely ridiculous how good this setup sounded! I mean we were happy with our direct tones, but this just sounded completely mental. Even die hard tube snobs stfu. Oh and I've concluded that every single amp on this thing owns. Every. Single. Amp. You guys are genius level awesome!

Hey I'm getting a strange metallic sound out of the amp block ( all of them ).
Like a ring noise ( yes reverb is off )

Any clues to help me.......
Thanks

Hey I'm getting a strange metallic sound out of the amp block ( all of them ).
Like a ring noise ( yes reverb is off )

Any clues to help me.......
Make a new preset with just the amp block. Is the ringing still there?

Thanks for the update FAS. I have a question though, could you tell us which models were affected? I'm in the middle of reamping/mixing a lot of tracks for a certain video, and I'm using 28 (yes, twenty eight) different models. I'm done with about half of them and I don't want to go back and redo them if the models I used were not affected. So pretty please as it will save me a ton of time.

Back
Top Bottom