Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those waiting for the "stable" version, there's very little to worry about.
I've gigged 5 times since Feb 12 on the beta with no issues despite using around 20 amps and 40 unique presets. Off to another gig tonight. Other than reducing gain a bit on the AC-30 amps, it was a non-event.
Thanks. I might give it a go when I have a few days off. The problem is I have a $hitload of presets and am only comfortable after auditioning all of them (including external control) before gigging. Using the beta doubles that effort. I'm curious about the beta. I may install it just to check it out, then revert for gigs until a final is released.

Thanks. I might give it a go when I have a few days off. The problem is I have a $hitload of presets and am only comfortable after auditioning all of them (including external control) before gigging. Using the beta doubles that effort. I'm curious about the beta. I may install it just to check it out, then revert for gigs until a final is released.
I loaded, ran all presets with backing tracks to check levels and midi automation of the Axe-Fx from the backing tracks. All but AC30 were fine. I did a few tweaks along the way for fun and was good to go. Haven't been counting but I think I'm at around 50-60 unique presets.

For those waiting for the "stable" version, there's very little to worry about.
I've gigged 5 times since Feb 12 on the beta with no issues despite using around 20 amps and 40 unique presets. Off to another gig tonight. Other than reducing gain a bit on the AC-30 amps, it was a non-event.
I am waiting for the stable release to reamp some guitars for a track im working on. Stability hasnt been the issue. Im just waiting in case the tones will change, like the gain thing people have been talkin about.

Final release in a few days? Thank you so much Cliff!

Funny how people are still asking for more amps & effects, when the genius (Cliff) already said, “there’s no more memory”

Spoiller alert... FAS discontinued the II, yet we still get a final firmware update. Be happy with that.

Want yet more? Buy the III. One day I hope to myself.

I switched to a III last year but I think it is awesome Cliff updated the II. Buying Fractal gear is like buying into the gear of the month club.

Considering this is the last firmware, I'm in no hurry. I'd prefer Cliff take his time, at his convenience, and be 100% confident and happy with it. I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. The gigging musician part of me is happy that the II is mature. The studio musician part of me is thoroughly enjoying the constant development of the III. Reamping makes "firmware churn" a non-issue for recording.

Considering this is the last firmware, I'm in no hurry. I'd prefer Cliff take his time, at his convenience, and be 100% confident and happy with it. I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. The gigging musician part of me is happy that the II is mature. The studio musician part of me is thoroughly enjoying the constant development of the III. Reamping makes "firmware churn" a non-issue for recording.

Couldn't agree more! I rather wait a bit longer and have a fully stable and bug free firmware considering this is the very last one. So take your time Cliff. No hurry!

Funny how people are still asking for more amps & effects, when the genius (Cliff) already said, “there’s no more memory”

There are more amps and effects in the Axe fx than anyone ever needs. So it's definitely more than enough for years to come. As a real cab user, the only thing I'm missing is the "Amp+cab" mode.

Btw, will AX8 get this update? It's still the flagship floor unit.

There are more amps and effects in the Axe fx than anyone ever needs. So it's definitely more than enough for years to come. As a real cab user, the only thing I'm missing is the "Amp+cab" mode.

Btw, will AX8 get this update? It's still the flagship floor unit.

And, unlike the FXII, it's on production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom