Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping you’re feeling better Cliff. While it seems many are ‘testing’ the beta ARES, I’ll be ‘patiently’ waiting for the ‘bugs’ to be fixed for the final firmware. Thank you for everything!

Overdue. Can't control our numbers. Politicians encourage exact opposite behavior. Bunch o' dumbassess. Captain Trips is coming...
So weird you guys... I'm about halfway through The Stand at the moment. Just came to see if the final release was dropping and now this... lol. Hope you feel better Cliff. Beta sounds great!

I just installed the beta and I must say that I am having a great time. you know how with a real tube amp sometimes it either has that harshness (depending on climate and a slew of other factors) or at times it has that warm spongy saturated tone on the good days? Well my favorite preset just went permanently to the warm spongy goodness thanks to Cliff and the new firmware! Speaking as a high gain lover, I am liking what I am hearing! Thank you! this is going to give me a lot of joy!!!

So weird you guys... I'm about halfway through The Stand at the moment. Just came to see if the final release was dropping and now this... lol. Hope you feel better Cliff. Beta sounds great!

I just got over pneumonia - a five week crash course in “this is fucking horrible !” - and was in the middle of rereadng The Stand.

Seemed somehow apropos.

Cliff,
Sorry you got a bug in yer firmware. Hope you feel as good as new soon. Get some sunshine.
Thank you heaps for the update. Your a machine.

Cliff,
Sorry you got a bug in yer firmware. Hope you feel as good as new soon. Get some sunshine.
Thank you heaps for the update. Your a machine.
I think that means the bug is in his 'wetware'. :) (Wetware is actually a thing being researched. May be useful for certain applications.)

So are the bugs pretty much outweighed by the improvements in tone so far by everybody who is recording or otherwise not worried about a bug?

Just found this Beta thread... Where have I been these past few weeks?????
Guess what I'll be doing when I get home in an hour. :D

Thanks Cliff & team for doing this Beta present!! You guys rock!!!!

Who tried the new Friedman HBE 2018 amp sim in Aries beta? there's an Easter Egg ;) ITS AWESOME!!! THE BEST FRIEDMAN AMP SIM IN THE AXE-FX II... IMHO

I tried it. Didn't find an easter egg... Well, it's a Friedman and I agree that it's the best sounding. But I just don't like how the Friedmans sound, so for me it's the "least bad" Friedman ;)

Who tried the new Friedman HBE 2018 amp sim in Aries beta? there's an Easter Egg ;) ITS AWESOME!!! THE BEST FRIEDMAN AMP SIM IN THE AXE-FX II... IMHO

Yep, it's tremendous. It sounds and feel a lot like the Fortin Meshuggah amp if you turn the Bright switch on. A lot of "clank".

There's a weird graphical glitch on the name on my unit. There are some nonsense Wingding like symbols in it. Does that happen on yours?

Yep, it's tremendous. It sounds and feel a lot like the Fortin Meshuggah amp if you turn the Bright switch on. A lot of "clank".

There's a weird graphical glitch on the name on my unit. There are some nonsense Wingding like symbols in it. Does that happen on yours?

Yes the weird graphical clitch is with everyone. Will surely be normal again after the final release.

Ooh, I’m gonna have to try that model again. I played around with it when i first updated because the model name stuck out to me, since it was in lowercase (also with some numbers at the end). I only banged around on it for like 5 minutes on stock settings though, I’ll have to try the bright switch and maybe boosting it.

i update my MKII to Ares but my Axe FX II screen still black and green there is no color ?!!! :(
Futurama-Fry.jpg

Ooh, I’m gonna have to try that model again. I played around with it when i first updated because the model name stuck out to me, since it was in lowercase (also with some numbers at the end). I only banged around on it for like 5 minutes on stock settings though, I’ll have to try the bright switch and maybe boosting it.

Try the Boost switch in the amp.

Off the top of my head, my settings were Input Gain 5 (Boost on - adjust gain depending on how hot your pickups are), Bass 5, Mid 4, Treble 6, Presence 5.5, Master 2.5, Bright switch on. Fiddle with the bright cap value if it's a little too much.

Couple that with good V30 IR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom