Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might need to provide some details... "something wrong" isn't a very good description of a problem.

Sorry, Sir!

In the tests what I did the gain difference with the attached makeup is much higher compared to the other compressors.
Sorry for my English!

Sorry, Sir!

In the tests what I did the gain difference with the attached makeup is much higher compared to the other compressors.
Sorry for my English!
Ok - hopefully someone else can confirm.

Are you saying that it is higher compared to what it was on the previous firmware?

Or only relative to the other compressors in the beta firmware?

Ok - hopefully someone else can confirm.

Are you saying that it is higher compared to what it was on the previous firmware?

Or only relative to the other compressors in the beta firmware?

Yes! it is higher compared to what it was on the previous firmware!
I need setting the level comp with -2.0 db. So I was having trouble adjusting clean tones.
I know this firmware has more gain with Vox amps, but with makeup on the gain is higher.
Sdd preamp also has different gain!
I don't know if this is related to what I said or some other gain structure of the Axe!

Have a III and a II mk2, LOVING this update for the II. This is a great send off for the II and it will provide a nice stable base to enjoy tones on this device for years to come... great tone is great tone.

Thanks @FractalAudio this is really an unexpected pleasure and sounds just great.

Up until Q10.01 you could use the up and down arrow keys. The keys on their own changed the values in 0.1 steps or 1 steps depending on the item the controller is attached to. When pressing shift or Strg and the respective key the step became smaller (0.01). That way you could finetune the value.
In Ares the values jump around like crazy when you arrow up or down, no matter if alone or together with shift or Strg pressed. This is definitely a bug because there is no way to adjust the value correctly using the keyboard - only by mouse.

Now I understand what you are talking about.
I just tried it and it works exactly like you described (like it should work). I use the Windows version of Axe-Edit

Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.
Cliff,
Thank you so much. This was much appreciated and unexpected. You are a selfless and extremely dedicated human being.

Ares brings definately a more focused upper midrange while the lower midrange has this scooped richness. The subs produce more 32nd order even harmonics and the lower bass is punchier due to an attanuated high shelf boost. Sounds like there is a parallel equalizer side-chained by a ducking compressor. The highs sparkle in the harshness zone with a brittle clarity smoothed out. The overall distortion lets the sound breath while leaving room for other instruments, which is a bad thing.

But this is just the short impression I got. The kids are sleeping and I could only play through my Apple earpods.

By the way! Thank you very much, Cliff!
For your work and your team! Soon I will be able to realize my dream and to have the AXE FX III! :):D

Thank you Cliff! As many have said, this kind of continued support is what makes Fractal second to none. Can't wait to load up the new FW and give it a run.

I've been away from these forums for a while, and this thread is an amazing surprise as I log back in. Thanks. :)

He is most likely waiting for more bug reports. It wouldnt suit him to rush the firmware out. He probably mentioned a few days so people would get to it sooner but based on the forum reaction most seem to still be satisfied and laying in a pool of their own bodily fluids

He is most likely waiting for more bug reports. It wouldnt suit him to rush the firmware out. He probably mentioned a few days so people would get to it sooner but based on the forum reaction most seem to still be satisfied and laying in a pool of their own bodily fluids
I was sick all week with the flu. Could barely get out of bed. Worst flu I've ever had. Almost killed me. Some freak Asian/Martian thing I think, mutated several thousand times over by jumping between pigs, chickens, giant wasps and humans. Mother nature is getting pissed and trying to thin the herd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom