Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new reworked SV-Bass model !

As a matter of fact, I still use one of your old bass presets for some of my recordings. I can't find your original post, but I think there were two presets...maybe something with 555 and 666 in their name. I think I use the 666 or the one with more grit for heavier stuff. It still works very well, despite all the FW updates in the meanwhile. Which reminds me now to download some of your newer stuff.

SeeD, much appreciated.

Loaded up the beta last night. Made an immediate impact on my SLO and Friedman patches. I wouldn't say that it's gainier on those models, actually. What it does is add more crunch in just the right way. I was able to turn down the gain overall and get that wonderful crunch that is really what you're looking for in a rock mix. Can't wait to get the final release and to place these in a mix--when I actually have a mix to place them in!

Word of caution to gigging guitarists, though. Ares 1.0 is definitely not plug-and-play, and you'll want to time to tweak your patches before unleashing them on the unsuspecting public.

It will dramatically change the frequency response of your existing patches to be brighter. I found myself turning down both treble and presence and turning up speaker drive on my main Friedman HBE patch to get the lead tone I wanted.

Once I did some mods, I was getting better, more realistic gain sounds than ever before. What I found is that the base sound of having all three tone controls at around 12:00 and the presence at about 10:00 was magic. I'll bet a lot of people have their treble raised to get more cut, and the beta will get a bit bright if you've got your patch set that way.

Oops, just discovered the feb 1st post and am quite surprised that there even is a beta version for the II, which means there wille be a final one also ! Will have to leave 9.04 now and make the jump I guess.
Thanks a very very lot, for me this is beyond dreams or any expectation.

I think I’m going to drop back to 10.01 until the final release as this beta seems to have increased the gain on most of my presets so I’ll re-level everything once and for all at final firmware. Sounded pretty good though.

Waiting for the final stable release, before reamping mah guitars on a track I'm recording :)
In case it will sound slightly different. I am very excited.

I decided to revert to 10.01 to avoid having to tweak everything twice but found my presets sounds a little flat so have gone back to 1.0b. A have a couple of JCM800 patches with max master volume that sound a lot better with the new firmware... sounds really good!!

What are the differences with the previous SVT?

It sounds better when you relevel it but its way louder than the old model. All my bass patches clip now so I'll rework them for the final release. Can't wait!

Edit: like some others I get no sound with the Porta-bass for some reason and it causes axe edit to crash after a minute and the axe XL to freeze when i try to switch to another amp.

Last edited:
Thanks so much FAS for making such a huge improvements the guitar tone land, just a question is there any available room for adding amp in the II? I wish I could have JP-2C in the Axe-Fx II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom