Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mate, you've done it again!!!! Cliff, thanks so much for keeping all Axe 2 users still in the loop....thank you and your team for all your effort. Last update?....so be it! I'm sure this community will understand. This box is awesome and you guys are awesome! Cheers mate!

After updating, I am finding a fizz behind the decay on my mostly clean sounds. I revert back to 10.01 and it's crystal clear again. Is it just me? Here's a clip.

Interesting. Sometimes a real amp might sound that way, so a closer model would reflect this...

On my main clean sound (TX Star Clean) i did notice a bit more gain / 'fizz' but easily corrected. Overall I'm noticing the lower end on my gain patches just sounding brilliant. That bounce/Chewieness (grrrwwaaawwwa) that I've struggled to achieve, in the past, is now there! Dare i say 'the amp in the room' feel is sort of there. For me anyhow. Happy camper here

This is all you get going back to after Q 9.04
Embrace the mystery.

Ares 1.00

This firmware is a partial port of the “Ares” modeling used in the Axe-Fx III. Not all aspects of the Ares modeling were able to be ported but the most important parts were and the amp modeling should sound very similar.

Fixed background tone in some amp models due to uninitialized variable.

Fixed Friedman 2018 amp model bug.

Added Plexi 2204 amp model.

Incorporated some of the “Ares” modeling from the Axe-Fx III.

I’ve only used my Marshall presets and a couple of Fender presets so far. Noticed more rasp on the Marshalls, which to me is a good thing! Overall, more clarity with the new update. Haven’t noticed more gain or bass. The speaker drive and speaker comp seem improved as well. I can drive the speaker harder without as much compression kicking in.

The new firmware is actually squelching my desire for a III. I’m super ecstatic with the tones of the Axe II Ares 1.0 firmware!

Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.
Cliff - thank you

I am truly thankful for this update.

I’ve noticed a lot more gain on the AC-20 EF86 T. It has more fizz and less jangle. Not sure what’s up with that.

The Fenders are awesome! I lost a good portion of my afternoon to the 59 Bassman with YorkAudio’s Deluxe Reverb cab. Nice.

Last edited:
I updated a few days back, I was gonna wait for the non-beta, but talk of a reworked SV-Bass model pushed me over the edge. Plus I was happy with my patches.

Very happy with it, also nice to get some difinitive closure. After some minor tweaks to a couple patches, it sounds great. Speaker Compliance is one of those settings where I can’t tell if I can tell a difference or not, it’s subtle enough that it might just be placebo effect for me. But I guess placebo effect still works, so either way I’m happy.

Thanks cliff for all the ongoing updates and support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom