Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Ares firmware update only affect the amp. modelling or does if affect the the effects modelling as well?

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.

Good to know that this is the last update. I want to thank you for al the hard work. I have been enjoying the Axe II for years and will continue so. Totally understandable that you will put all your time in new products. Those who want more should buy the Axe fx III.

Since I'm on a bit of a recording hiatus at the moment, I'll try out the beta and am looking forward to the final.

Also want to join the chorus of people thanking Cliff for doing this for us--I'm sure he has other things he could be doing. Best customer service ever!

He literally got every single ounce of performance that could be gotten out of the II.

Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.

Cliff, FWIW, thank you for this last effort. Very much appreciated.

The time of support should definitely be an important criteria while choosing a product, and this update told me that my choice was right regarding this criteria, again!

@FractalAudio thank you very much for all your support! I remember when I wanted for the TX Star Clean model, it was there in the next firmware. Now, it's an interesting coincidence that this firmware and a preset pack including the TX Star Clean kind of made my GAS go away, and it seems like for a long time. The tones are THAT good!

All you did is appreciated!

confirmed human, not a spam bot :D that tone sounds gooooood, can't beat a tone like that coming out of a 2U rack with a stick!
Thanks man I bassed it of a Led Zeppelin live video it’s just a cell phone recording in person it sounds a little better
In the video I can see one of jimi pages cabs miced with what looks like an m160 mic but I wish I new what it was

Wow, didn't expect yet another update! Thank you, Cliff! Ares sounds awesome! It will take me a while to upgrade to III, so being able to taste the new modeling is truly great.

Last edited:
Sounds and tastes very good her after doing a a few steps through my presets - I think this Firmware is the best argument to want an Axe III.:)

Not going to lie - this Ares update made some really dramatic changes in feel and tone. I ran my Triaxis patch in church today and was blown away at how the sound bloomed and reacted and fed back with my guitar! Even the sound guy asked me what was new!

Quantum 10.01 was great but this is a level beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom