Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you fractal everything sounds way more dynamic and there is a different picking dynamic threshold then before it feels way better
I was playing dweezlis bassman right now and the amp tone sounds really good but on the decay I can here a weird modulation like effect

Didn’t shit my pants. Am I regarded obstipational? :)
Seriously, there’s still a glitch in AxeEdit. It’s been there for ages. I whined about it numerous times. Select intelligent harmoniser, then select custom and then you cannot select any notes that make sense. Selecting them directly on the AxeFx screen works fine though.
Sorry English isn’t my first language.
Anyway, the update sounds great. Just thought the problem described may get more interest when posted here since I posted it numerous times and nobody seemed to care.
Thank you.

FWIW and to manage expectations, I don’t find Amp Output Mode to have a large impact on the tone and feel. I keep it at FRFR, even when using a power amp and guitar cab.

FWIW and to manage expectations, I don’t find Amp Output Mode to have a large impact on the tone and feel. I keep it at FRFR, even when using a power amp and guitar cab.
+1
I don't hear much difference, so don't feel sad not having it..

Great update. Though I felt 10.01 slightly improved the dynamics, there was a dullness to the sound (Marshall amps in particular) that I was struggling with at times. They are significantly improved with this FW, in my opinion. The 5150 type amps feel and sound better, I was really surprised by these. Thanks Cliff and team, you really do look after us.

I haven’t grabbed it yet, but considering it’s in beta... Does anyone think to maybe wait until any potential ‘bugs’ are fixed? I’m kinda leaning towards that. Cliff?
Again... many thanks for everything! Hope to get the III in the future, but I just bought the IIXL+ brand new weeks before I knew the III was gonna come out, so I’ll have to wait. Still love the II!

Ive been using 10.1 for so long I was kind of scared of updating lol . its been a while :) . I'm so at home and used to 10.1 but the power of Ares compels me hehe

Hooray!!! Finally long awaited!! Sounds great!!! Though Porta bass freezing Axe fx II mark II here as well and gives long high pitched beep.

Yeah, this firmware is better, drastically, certain sonic artifacts and characteristics on 10.1 when playing alongside actual recorded amps that used to bug me are now gone. Is it 100%, probably not, but then where would be the fun in that. :)

I just checked my system and I have been using the 9.0 quantum LOL! I never even installed 10 .0.
the 9.0 has been giving ear to ear grins for the last 8 months. should I skip the 10.0 and go directly to ares?

I just checked my system and I have been using the 9.0 quantum LOL! I never even installed 10 .0.
the 9.0 has been giving ear to ear grins for the last 8 months. should I skip the 10.0 and go directly to ares?
Yes. No reason not to.

just went straight to Ares, no problems so far, my jvm patches sounds damn good.
Nice to see such great product support !
thanks Cliff :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom