Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't speaker compression a thing that happens to a speaker AND the power amp?...
And transformer stuff, something that happens to the power amp, because of what speaker is connected?... Like most stuff in the speaker page...
Speaker Comression models the reaction of the power amp to speaker behavior. XFMR Match refers specifically to the output transformer, which is part of the power amp.

If these parameters had been place in the Speaker page, you could just as validly ask why the settings for the power amp are so scattered . ;)

Speaker Comression models the reaction of the power amp to speaker behavior. XFMR Match refers specifically to the output transformer, which is part of the power amp.

If these parameters had been place in the Speaker page, you could just as validly ask why the settings for the power amp are so scattered . ;)
Alright.
So why does it sound wrong when Speaker compresion is on, when using a real cab?

Alright.
So why does it sound wrong when Speaker compresion is on, when using a real cab?
It only “sounds wrong” when you’re using a real cab and a real tube power amp, because the physical power amp is reacting to the speaker, so the virtual power amp doesn’t have to.

It only “sounds wrong” when you’re using a real cab and a real tube power amp, because the physical power amp is reacting to the speaker, so the virtual power amp doesn’t have to.

I am using a matrix GT1000FX into a cab.
If sooo....
All i ever knew about speaker compression is wrong.
Awesome. :D

I thought that adding speaker compression over a real speaker makes it "buttery butter", because cab speakers do their own compression naturally..

If anyone else could confirm this so i could be sure, that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is obviously VERY COOL.
I'm just wondering if this will always be a beta or if we all like it, whether or not a stable version will be posted too in the future.
Not that the beta is necessarily unstable.

I am using a matrix GT1000FX into a cab.
If sooo....
All i ever knew about speaker compression is wrong.
Awesome. :D

I thought that adding speaker compression over a real speaker makes it "buttery butter", because cab speakers do their own compression naturally..

If anyone else could confirm this so i could be sure, that would be great.
The manual can confirm it for you.

Ok. I thought I was getting good at this. lol.

In the firmware release notes it says to set the modelling version parameter to "latest". I can't find it on my AXFXII in the advance menu in amp block.

Ok. I thought I was getting good at this. lol.

In the firmware release notes it says to set the modelling version parameter to "latest". I can't find it on my AXFXII in the advance menu in amp block.

That parameter was removed since then. (See 7.01 release notes.)

Oh my GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to get home and update. I read the release notes and it seems that the FAS team added quite a few things! Really awesome to see that they are somewhat breathing some life into the older systems. I guess they realize that not everyone can afford the Axe III just yet. Thank you FAS!!!

That has no effect on the slow fade issue. Note that this occurs on amp XY changes in one preset as well as any preset change.
I’ve made some seem less transitioning presets before It just takes some tweaking and two amps that have similarities
I used to use the energyball and the gibtone scout for clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom