Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I still had my II just so I could try this out! I sold it to a friend though, so I will get to check it out once he has upgraded.

Thanks Cliff!! :)
Possible bug: My unit (original) is freezing up and require a reboot when I scroll through the Amp Type page and land on the second Porta-Bass.
Tried it several times now, also with usb disconnected and Axe-Edit was never running in the testing.
And the first Porta-Bass in the Type page is named Wrecker Rocket in the Amp Pre page.

I will try to reload the beta fw and see if it continues.
....tried reloading the beta, same behavior.

Per

Last edited:
All that is there is some of the modeling improvements. It was all I could do to get that to run and fit. I kept running out of memory. There simply isn't any more room for more stuff.

The Axe-Fx II design is nearly 8 years old now. The board only has 256M of memory. Contrast this to the Axe-Fx III which has 4G.

So does this mean this is the final FW for the Axe fx II?
Didn't expect any more FW updates so thank you very much for this one!!!

Possible bug: My unit (original) is freezing up and require a reboot when I scroll through the Amp Type page and land on the second Porta-Bass.
Tried it several times now, also with usb disconnected and Axe-Edit was never running in the testing.
And the first Porta-Bass in the Type page is named Wrecker Rocket in the Amp Pre page.

Per

Happens here too

Per
What do you mean “second” and “first” porta-bass?

There should be just one. Are you looking in Axe-Edit? Click Settings then Refresh after FW Update there.

I did notice that the default settings of the PortaBass model don’t seem to make a good sound, but nothing froze for me on an XL.

Sidenote: Why, in the Axe FX 2 UI, the settings for the virtual speaker so scattered?
I mean, the Frequencty response, Speaker drive, and most transformer settings are in the SPKR page, which makes sense.
But "XFRMR Match" and "Speaker compression" are in the PWR DYN page.
Those two parameters represent things that happen in the power amp of a real amp, so they’re a natural fit for the PWR DYN page.

Those two parameters represent things that happen in the power amp of a real amp, so they’re a natural fit for the PWR DYN page.
Isn't speaker compression a thing that happens to a speaker AND the power amp?...
And transformer stuff, something that happens to the power amp, because of what speaker is connected?... Like most stuff in the speaker page...

All that is there is some of the modeling improvements. It was all I could do to get that to run and fit. I kept running out of memory. There simply isn't any more room for more stuff.

The Axe-Fx II design is nearly 8 years old now. The board only has 256M of memory. Contrast this to the Axe-Fx III which has 4G.

Thank you so much Cliff, this guarantees a 3 purchase from me further down the road.

There should be just one. Are you looking in Axe-Edit? Click Settings then Refresh after FW Update there.

I did notice that the default settings of the PortaBass model don’t seem to make a good sound, but nothing froze for me on an XL.

Here is what i found. On My Axe Fx Mark I
2 Porta-Bass name`s
Below the Fryette.. you see a Friedman model, and when you go into the amp it says Friedman HBE 2015.00

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-01-20-44-11-439_com.google.android.apps.photos.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-01-20-44-11-439_com.google.android.apps.photos.png
    341.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2019-02-01-20-48-12-896_com.google.android.apps.photos.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-01-20-48-12-896_com.google.android.apps.photos.png
    380.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2019-02-01-20-48-57-897_com.miui.gallery.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-01-20-48-57-897_com.miui.gallery.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 78

See first picture in SeeD's post above. We both have an Original(Mark I) unit. And as I wrote in my post Axe-Edit was not running.
So this bug seems to only affect Original/Mark I and maybe Mark II not the XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom