Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very quick test:
- Friedman BE: fuller with a bit more clarity: have to decrease a bit on the treble knob
- Brit 800 & MOD: clearly brighter in a good way with more clarity, a bit less fuller feeling than the Friedman
- Vibrato King & Fat: fat more body with generous bass: have to decrease from 5 to 3 on bass and increase treble from 5 to 6 or 7

Overall very pleased with more body all around on these amps: Need to continue (I was moving to 10.1... now to Ares 1b :))
As expected (not the AFX3 hardware...), don't have a huge leap in dynamic playing... That's just as good as an AFX2 dynamic can do: great to sum up.

Sacre merde!

Thank you, Cliff – thank you, thank you, thank you. Just yesterday, I picked up my Parker after having a little fret work done; I can’t imagine how frantic I would have been if I didn't have her in hand when this arrived! Updating now…

All that is there is some of the modeling improvements. It was all I could do to get that to run and fit. I kept running out of memory. There simply isn't any more room for more stuff.

The Axe-Fx II design is nearly 8 years old now. The board only has 256M of memory. Contrast this to the Axe-Fx III which has 4G.

“640K ought to be enough for anyone” — Bill Gates

I was laying in bed when I saw the message about the Ares beta, so of course I had to get up and install. Didn’t have much time, but the preset I’ve been using with the MkII... it just came alive! That’s the only way I can think to describe it.

Last edited:
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom