Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already playing with the optical compression after the amp block. Pretty cool. Thanks for your continued commitment to your products. They truly enhance my life!

*Applause*
I am so happy. This is great, Cliff :)

All that is there is some of the modeling improvements. It was all I could do to get that to run and fit. I kept running out of memory. There simply isn't any more room for more stuff.

The Axe-Fx II design is nearly 8 years old now. The board only has 256M of memory. Contrast this to the Axe-Fx III which has 4G.

And I can see, there is finnaly an official announcement that there is no more space in the Axe FX II.
So, i guess no more updates from here? No FRFR Amp + cab mode?...
Very well.
Thank you.
it's nice to see Axe FX have it's final kick.

Let's just hope the official Ares 1 release doesn't have bugs.
1.00 has a better ring to it than a 1.01 hehe :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really not expecting this! I was more leaned towards a final statement that the axe-fx II is finished, then this happened! wow, I would be glad even to just get confirmed it was over, and then we get a III update for the II! I'm beyond happy! hooray for Fractal Audio Systems and Cliff Chase for this honorable salute, I've never felt a company taking such care of their customers as you, outstanding <3 And patience is a virtue!

best regards,
Torje Amundsen from team mark 1, 2012
with nothing but a change of airfan

Last edited:
Before you load the update, pull up your favorite preset and give it a play. Then do the update and give it another play. Prepare to shit your pants. :)

I bet this will be what we see on the next Fractal Audio t-shirt:

Fractal Audio --- We ALWAYS aim to please our customers:

Before you load the update, pull up your favorite preset and give it a play.......

Then do the update and give it another play.......

Prepare to shit your pants!!!!

Thanks a lot Cliff!
It's rare to feel supported and spoiled that much and that long.
Can't wait to try it

Very pleased and surprised by this, so thanks for the update; looking forward to trying it this afternoon. I suspect it will only make me want a III even more than I do already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom