Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how feasible it would be, but it would really be nice for me if the firmware allowed editing of the order of the amps/cabs so we could just have our own preference (whether alphabetical, in precedence by amount of use, etc.). I think you can kind of do this with globals (albeit a shorter list), but it would be nice if we could custom sort the whole list. And I'll add another vote for a list o' cabs page like the amps have now.

Yes, it's very smooth but there's this unique chirp or something that I've never heard in an amp before. When you hit the note there's this blast of high end that rapidly decays so it has an almost vocal quality. The frequency shaping is very different than most other amps.

I'm nervous to try 9.0 beta :< I typically don't like Beta stage anything. But does this do anything grand that I musn't wait for the existing amps?

I'm nervous to try 9.0 beta :< I typically don't like Beta stage anything. But does this do anything grand that I musn't wait for the existing amps?

What are you nervous for, your not going to break anything. 98% of the bugs were fixed out of it before it ever went public.

Yes, it's very smooth but there's this unique chirp or something that I've never heard in an amp before. When you hit the note there's this blast of high end that rapidly decays so it has an almost vocal quality. The frequency shaping is very different than most other amps.

Well you just sold another 1000 Axe-fx II's with that statement.

No firmware release is so grand that you mustn't wait for the official release. Seriously.

I'm GASing for 9, but I'm busy these days, and I'm glad to let others sort out the potential hiccups. Private beta to public beta to official release—there's been at least one instance where neither private nor public beta testing revealed a bug that was immediately found when the firmware became public, and the firmware reached a wider audience. I've had plenty of adventure in my life these days; no need to seek it out. :)

Under other circumstances, I like to live dangerously and play with pre-release stuff. But it's never—never—a "must do it" thing.

Yea well, I do have the unbelievable urge to upgrade to 9 but I'm so afraid to mess-up my presets, I play in a cover band, I got something like 45 presets for that, would be a major disaster and PITA to retune all of them or some of them from the front panel.
Way too much work.
I really would be happy to have the AE already, I guess I'm not the only one….
Ahhhhh the waiting…….I need a cure form that AXE illness…..:D

Back them up to internal memory. Restore if needed.

^^^^ This! No risk and easy to revert back.

Cliff, with the new amps coming, the order of amps seem to be all over the place and not grouped in a somewhat meaningful way. Have you thought of rearranging them in some sort of order? If it is too hard to do and/or will mess things up, I understand.
we brainstormed about this, but it's not quite as easy as one may think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom