Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandmaster brings back some memories. Played through one for four years with my High Scool jazz band.
They also had an Ampeg B15 flip top bass amp. Wish I had those two amps today!

Yes, which Bandmaster circuit?!?

3-10" Tweed Bandmaster? Probably not, but that amp is one I'd love to see in there. Pretty rare amp, but it sure worked for Pete Townsend ("Who's Next" among others). I played one once in a store and it was one of the most touch responsive juicy amps I ever played. It's one of the only real amps I still covet, but the originals are crazy expensive. It's a blues/roots player's dream machine. Crank amp, use volume and tone knobs and fingers for the rest.

Thanks Cliff for the ongoing updates. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Cliff, with the new amps coming, the order of amps seem to be all over the place and not grouped in a somewhat meaningful way. Have you thought of rearranging them in some sort of order? If it is too hard to do and/or will mess things up, I understand.

Looking forward to the final release! Thanks Cliff.

Hopefully we will have an official release before the weekend. Couple more amp models should be in there too: Two Rock Jet and Fuchs ODS50. Also I have finished the "FAS Crunch" model which is my take on the ultimate Plexi.

I also have a Fender Bandmaster on the way and maybe a Bad Cat.

Really excited about the potential of a Bad Cat!

Cliff, with the new amps coming, the order of amps seem to be all over the place and not grouped in a somewhat meaningful way. Have you thought of rearranging them in some sort of order? If it is too hard to do and/or will mess things up, I understand.

The problem it creates is that everyone's pre-existing patches would change amps.

The problem it creates is that everyone's pre-existing patches would change amps.
Probably not true. Internally, they may use an ID like in a database. AFAIK, amps have changed places and names before w/o such issues.

Last edited:
Wow, this Two Rock is pretty awesome. Kind of a one-trick pony but that one trick is something.
I just looked up the Two Rock Jet 35 watt head price... $3,250.00!!!! Damn!!!! And folks are complaining about getting new amp models??!?!?! I say, thank you and keep em coming Cliff! The Axe-fx is probably the only way for me (along with most other folks) to experience high end amps... so again I say, thank you!

P.S. The clips of the Two Rock sound really good! Great blues vibe.

Looking forward to the final release! Thanks Cliff.

This would be really helpful.

I played a set two weeks ago using V8 and another set this weekend using V9, both with the /13 model. I recorded each, and while the first set sounded great and made me happy, the V9 set had something more going on. Sweeter, more "gooey"? It was something like that, and I found myself thinking that these were the finest tones I've ever had.

Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom