Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had yesterday 3 hours live gig with my band.
I used Axe-FX II/9 Public Beta wih MFC101.
Everything was running smooth with absolutely no issues!!! :D

Cliff-

Maybe this already exists internally, but would it make any sense to have a Bug Tracking system made public? That way any suspected bugs would be seen as reported/addressed/fixed/as designed, and wouldn't need to be repeated here in a semi-unorganized manner.

Just a thought. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gpz
Does anyone of the beta testers know how the scenes will be implemented in the mfc and when this will be available (apart from soon or when it's ready ;-))

Or maybe fractal could give an estimate on this?

Someone here, I believe one of the beta testers (Scott?), reported that this new beta FW sounded more "liquid" ... perhaps this is in part due to the power of suggestion, but I have to agree. My lower gain lead tones never sounded so silky-smooth, although, as was also mentioned in earlier posts -lowering the Power tube bias really does add a nice raspy edge when desired. It seems the further along we get in the Axe II's development the more powerful the advanced parameters become, at least the ones I tend to adjust the most. Does this reflect anyone else's experience here?

Wish I could comment on the new "Scenes" feature but, alas, I am still sans MFC-1. Hoping to spring for one some day soon because it kinda feels like owning a Lamborghini and never taking it out of the garage :mrgreen

I did not "get" the scene thing.. but a youtube video,did it for me.
I wish for more learning videos. Im a kid at reading english manuals. ye ye,i need to learn to read good,i know. But i have my reasons!

SO a good video or 3-4 would be nice ;)

Learning videos is a good thing. I learnd all i need to know on the mfc,UP untill scenes came along. From a guy on youtube

So plz "pro`s or just guys that get it rigth away. Start your Mobile phones and make some videos. It does not have to be pro video pic,and lightning.. just use your phone.

There is a video on youtube now.. that showed me how to make 5 scenes,via reval button. It was easy :)
A video shows a million things.

Thanks! ;)

Im having issues with 9.00. immediately all my patches defaulted to amp "X" which is OK. All my patches default to Y but i just reset them and saved, however ive had my AFX freeze around 5 times in the first few minutes :( Each time the patch still plays but the AFxc doesnt respond to any button presses (on either the MFC or front panel) and the input LEDs stay lit (at whatever the input level was when the unit froze). On re-boot not all the signal lights light during the boot up - though all seems well once its booted - that is until a couple of patch saves later when it freezes again.

i did the update with Axe-Edit though I disconnected as soon as Id finished and re-booted the AFX (i dont use it anyway except for FW updates). Im trying to re-do the update with Midi OX, but if it still glitches Im reverting to 8.00 until the non beta version emerges.

Im having issues with 9.00. immediately all my patches defaulted to amp "X" which is OK. All my patches default to Y but i just reset them and saved, however ive had my AFX freeze around 5 times in the first few minutes :( Each time the patch still plays but the AFxc doesnt respond to any button presses (on either the MFC or front panel) and the input LEDs stay lit (at whatever the input level was when the unit froze). On re-boot not all the signal lights light during the boot up - though all seems well once its booted - that is until a couple of patch saves later when it freezes again.

i did the update with Axe-Edit though I disconnected as soon as Id finished and re-booted the AFX (i dont use it anyway except for FW updates). Im trying to re-do the update with Midi OX, but if it still glitches Im reverting to 8.00 until the non beta version emerges.

Make sure USB Adapter Mode is set to OFF.

I recall reading something about that a day or so ago now Cliff (been away for a week and literally JUST got back to my AFX). Ill have a look - where is the mode setting? (in case I cant find it).

I recall reading something about that a day or so ago now Cliff (been away for a week and literally JUST got back to my AFX). Ill have a look - where is the mode setting? (in case I cant find it).

I/O->MIDI

I made some changes to the FIFO functions to make them more robust. Unfortunately this broke Adapter Mode if USB is not connected because it's trying to push data to the USB and eventually the FIFO overflows (and because I stupidly forgot to put the condition not to allow adapter mode if USB is not detected).

I finally upgraded from 7. All my custom presets sound better with little to no tweaking at all! The best part I think is the amp type menu, much better than the old way.

It would be cool if all types could be listed that way for effects and cabs.

Last edited:
Cliff, could this adaptor mode problem cause a MFC to not list the preset name sometimes when hooked up via ethernet ? My MFC just recently started doing this on different cables. it did this on 801b as well.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom