Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid off topic question, but I didn't even see the answer in the midi wiki - What does IA stand for?
IA stands for "instant access." It's a fancy name for using a footswitch to send a MIDI CC command to bypass or unbypass a block.

Thank you. I'm familiar with CC and PC, from setting up my Behringer BCR2000s, but I'd never seen the term IA before coming to this forum. I'm about as simple as it gets with midi - I can get the job done eventually, but it almost always involves swear words and a few time-outs.

Thank you. I'm familiar with CC and PC, from setting up my Behringer BCR2000s, but I'd never seen the term IA before coming to this forum. I'm about as simple as it gets with midi - I can get the job done eventually, but it almost always involves swear words and a few time-outs.

FWIW I hate the term IA. PC and CC are the correct terms.

[QUOTE="FractalAudio]I hate the term IA. PC and CC are the correct terms.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="FractalAudio]I would hate to try to run DAW software with my finger.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="FractalAudio]Haters gonna hate.[/QUOTE]

:mrgreen :lol

All genuine quotes! Which only goes to prove: data miners will mine data :razz

Back to searching for a life...

Well this is a first. 10 pages of comments about a new major firmware release and not a single "I don't like it compared to the previous version". I suppose it's still early though.

Some of the reason for that to be honest is because there are users who are stuck back at 7, because of the Axe Edit debacle. I wonder if over the years that when users would do firmware updates, that the Axe Edit would mess up their tone "because it wasn't fully compatible with the Firmware" and some of the negative feedback you were getting on the tonal changes were do to the Editor not working properly and thus messing up the tones and presets for those users.

I think the reason for the lack of "It's not as good as x.xx" posts is down the outstanding tones that FW 9 brings.

But then, I'm not your target audience Joe.

What we've done since this beta release is made three CCs to control scenes:
34: Scene Select. CC Value selects scene.
123: Scene Increment. Any value over 64 increments the scene.
124: Scene Decrement. Any value over 64 decrements the scene.

Awesome! Sooo awesome!

Tests 9.0 at practice his past week... Very nice! Especially the cleans... Thanks Cliff and FAS crew for all the had work! Can't wait for 10.0! ;-)

Listen Guys. I appreciate the input but everyone pleeeease.........gosh...I mean ....sounds like the collective observation is FW9 SUCKS. You guys should really sit with it for a bit and really give it a chance

If an option to be able to change scenes with an assignable CC number was added it would really be great for us with ground control pro controllers (or similar ). Cliff is that a possible option or do we need to update our controllers ?

Scenes are totally awesome just wish I could use them.

Thank you
I have a GCP as well. I use the custom mapping in the Axe-Fx II to make this work with the GCP. If you use this make sure to turn on the "ignore redundant PC". It's like having a custom Bradshaw system.... but for free!

Thanks Cliff and all at FAS, your support is incredible, the nine is mine, no problems - only with my family, ...haven´t seen me for the last days:lol

Yeah, much greater sounding dimension. I'd just gotten the most satisfying FAS6160 tone the other day with FW7....and FW9 made it sweeter. Also seems more balanced from low to high, regardless of model - smoother attack because there's more overall tone. More string, less buzz.

Hmm... really digging the new scene select stuff.
But why are some of the reported bugs not adressed? For example the nasty USB-connection bug that eventually crashes the Axe to a blank screen when having it connected too long to a windows based computer by USB? Or the the extremely loud popping noise when X-Y changing certain drive models (for example pi distortion to FET Boost)? I was really hoping for those two bugs to be fixed so that I don't need to find a workaround for those. :/

Then again... ah well, not that much of a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom