Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
not quite true...i've been turning multiple fx on and off and adjusting delay feedback levels and reverb levels all at the same time using the external modifiers. the only advantage this scenes thing gives me (and it's a biggie) is that i can now use the X/Y stuff as well. i'll have to reprogram my pedalboard, but it's not a major problem.

Ok your right now that I think about. I guess I have always in the past just bypassed or unbypassed a single block on my momentary switches. Thanks for the clarification, I don't want bad juju out there confusing people.

Thanks Simeon, just so you know, I go to your page often at work and listen to your music, you make the best Ambient music that I know. Theres nothing like programing and having it inspire you. Are you on Itunes in the US?

Great, think I will give this a try.

On my wish list is a Marshall Major, I see the Splawn Nitro is modelled in 9 and is based on KT 88s so I am wondering if this might be able to get close.

Thanks FAS!

+1 Maybe changing the tone stack to a plexi would get you even closer?

would LOVE the marshall major for a lil RHCP flavor!!!

not quite true...i've been turning multiple fx on and off and adjusting delay feedback levels and reverb levels all at the same time using the external modifiers. the only advantage this scenes thing gives me (and it's a biggie) is that i can now use the X/Y stuff as well. i'll have to reprogram my pedalboard, but it's not a major problem.

I use external modifiers too. I'm hoping scenes have an additional advantage as well - the ability to turn an effect on/off both as part of a scene change as well as in response to an IA switch. External modifiers allow you to turn on/off multiple blocks, but once those blocks are tied to a modifier, they can no longer be switched on/off in response to anything else.

Can anyone confirm that scenes allow this? I was unable to successfully install the firmware last night to test it myself.

^^ Its all worth trying. I was just playing along to a backing track of Man on the Silver Mountain, with the Plexi Treble preset and I then played the original track for my wife and she said that the tone of the Axe FX was better :)

Thank you very much Cliff!!
A new feature that replicates the previous without requiring anything from the user, yet exponentially increases functionality while also embracing the most common use scenarios of professionals migrating over from physical pedalboards...awesome job!!

That's like the Zen of business execution/evolution - Dali Lama would be proud.

A CC value of 7 or greater will select scene 8. Therefore a CC value of 127 will select scene 8. A CC value of 0 will select scene 1. So you will want to set scene 8 to have all effects engaged. This will replicate the behavior of Global Bypass. BTW, scene 8 should already default to all effects engaged so you shouldn't need to ANY programming.

Ok your right now that I think about. I guess I have always in the past just bypassed or unbypassed a single block on my momentary switches. Thanks for the clarification, I don't want bad juju out there confusing people.

Thanks Simeon, just so you know, I go to your page often at work and listen to your music, you make the best Ambient music that I know. Theres nothing like programing and having it inspire you. Are you on Itunes in the US?

no worries!

thanks for listening! not sure about itunes USA...i suspect the eScape album is on there , but all my stuff is on Bandcamp, for less money and higher quality formats anyway.

Picture 50.jpg

on the picture above you can see that there is some text overlapping when using global blocks .....
Just beneath the number 1 (sorry for the poor pic quality, old pc, old cam)

Would be nice if you could limit the number of scenes you use per preset. That way if you use only 2 scenes you could toggle between them with one footswitch, maybe even use your preset fooswitch to access the next scene. You would save buttons this way. It would be also more easy to get to the next scene from the front panel- just turn the A encoder without looking at it and youre in another scene.

I totally agree. If each patch had a number of scenes parameter it would make scrolling through scenes with one switch a great way to access them.

Two words...

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

Just got done uploading and tinkering for a couple hours, and I am beside myself. The tone "upgrades" to my presets are just unbelievable- I had those babies dialed in on 8.01a, but the 9 just pushed it over the sonic "cliff" (pun fully intended). EVERY one of my patches received the FAS9 love and didn't need a damn single twist of the knobs from me, just incredible.

And scenes? An answer to my prayers. Cliff didn't just outdo himself, he outdid EVERYBODY ON THE FREAKIN' PLANET!!!!!!

Can not WAIT to get the surely upcoming MFC FW upgrade to wrangle those scenes perfectly and still have my old timey regular options available as well. "Cause of course I'm American, and I want it all!!!!!!! :)

Still haven't even played with the new amp toys yet, don't know if I can take it!

Many many many thanks again to Cliff and the FAS team!!!!!!

I'm on FW version 8.01a. I'd like to update to V9b.

My current workflow is load Reaper for monitoring and Axe-Edit for tweaking presets. I like using Axe-Edit, however I saw Matt's "very subtle" nudge to avoid using Axe-Edit with V9b.

Does AE just behave badly with V9, or are we talking Axe-Fx Armageddon?

Either way I suppose I could force myself to use the front panel.

All I can say is badger 30 with damp turned up a bit and the bias up a bit. Wowwwwww. Sorry buttery, you lost.

that's saying something, because buttery rules the land of "on the edge breakup" for me....

excited.com - can't wait to take the plunge....

This is fabulous!

Now instead of wanting (wish list) IAs first row on the MFC, presets 2nd row ....etc
now would like "scenes" on first row....etc

that's saying something, because buttery rules the land of "on the edge breakup" for me....

excited.com - can't wait to take the plunge....

I like my edge-of-clean with a lot of bright so Buttery isn't getting bumped, but if you like more bottom and width the Badger is going to be hard to look past.

This and v8 are both minor updates and do not really interest me. I may be of a minority, but I'd rather have Axe-Edit and Axe-Change updated.

Dudes - the new power amp feel and sound is simply GREAT! :D

I recorded two tracks with my 2 dual amp setups (5153 Red/FAS Modern & Recto Red MOD/VH4 ch. 3), and while I could "make it work" with 8.01 after some processing, I found the high gain patches a bit like they were yelling at me - there was always a mids presence that would start to annoy me after a while. I A/B'ed it with my recordings, and 9.00 says "GRRRRRRRRRR" instead of "HEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!" if that makes any sense. There's a lot more body and punch in the lows and highs and the mids sit a lot more pleasantly. I can see where this is going, and I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom