Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still on the 6.02 firmware it was shipped with and still loving it. I am wondering about this scenes thingy. I wonder if it basically the same thing as how I use my Gordius Midi controller. I have a bank for each song. In each bank there are different presets for each part of that song. In each of these presets I have all the on/off states and other midi messages and I can select them as I wish depending on the part of the song I am on. I almost always only use one patch for each separate song. Just wondering if this is essentially the same thing?

Yes

Question about the axe edit. It seems to be downloading the upgrade. Is there a problem using it? I keep seeing posts about it not working and needing an upgrade.

Shouldn't have a problem accidentally changing the amp type and goofing up advanced settings anymore with the type being on a different page!

I just updated with Ax-Edit, and it worked fine.

This is such a statement for Fractal: I have a bunch of back to back gigs in cities all over the area here over the next several weeks. With most vendors, I have been burned on not only beta firmware, but even the release versions. I tend to shy away from it until it's been given its shakedown cruise by others. Only with the Axe Fx would I dare load a beta within days of a gig. Once again it is seamless and glitch free. I'm not saying it is the safest thing to do, or recommending anyone go wild on my word, but I just don't doubt it's both going to work, and sound good. Since early on with the Ultra, and now nearing a year on the II, it has worked fine every time (barring the occasional AE issue, normally good after a try or two). Even AE hasn't glitched once loading to the II.

Once again, good job! One question... is there a place I can go read up on scene setting and CCs associated, or is it a dive into the front panel thing? I really want to do some experimenting there!

HOORAY!!!... I'm a (public) beta tester!!!...lol :D

Thank You Cliff.

(edit): I love the new amp "type" page/layout. Very, very cool Cliff.

Last edited:
Awesome work Fractal Audio!

Global Bypass cc's (values 0 and 127) are programmed into all of my backing tracks. I don't need to change that system because it works fine. Release notes say "using scene select in place of global bypass will probably select scene #8" Can anyone clarify this and describe how I'd keep my current GB functionality in "scenes"?

Thanks!

Just got home from practice and I just upgraded. I'm using a Vox top boost this weekend for chimey clean work, and it sounds awesome!!!!! thanks Folks. I'll mess with my other presets tomorrow.

Awesome work Fractal Audio!

Global Bypass cc's (values 0 and 127) are programmed into all of my backing tracks. I don't need to change that system because it works fine. Release notes say "using scene select in place of global bypass will probably select scene #8" Can anyone clarify this and describe how I'd keep my current GB functionality in "scenes"?

Thanks!

Program Scene 1 as desired and then set Scene 8 to everything on.

1. When we update frameware 7.0 to 8.¹a to 9.0 when should we update banks? Or should we?

2. Or can we download them and save in a file? And should we save all the different banks that come out?

3. If someone puts up there edited banks and i like some of the patches should I save the banks in a file?

4. When you save patches do you save IR too? Do you save them in the same file?

5. Have you sold all your Amps, Rack Gear, Pedals ?

I Love the AxeFx ll
Thanks Gary
Www.facebook.com/mfMuddFence

I usually bring my Axe home from practice (just in case we get a late night update) and just as luck would have it, last night I completely forgot to bring it home... could someone please post a pic of the new amp selection screen? Very interested in this... Thanks a bunch in advance!

For some reason some of the cabs do not show up or are replaced by letters or other things in the cab selection window of Axe Edit. Does anyone else have this problem? However, they're still there on the Axe itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom