Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm I don't understand this "scenes" thing.

I never use more than 5 presets per song, the MFC and axe has over 350 storage locations more enough for anyone I would say.

So you just store the same preset 5 times in different / rhythm / sole / extreme etc and you are done huh.

Hmm

I never use more than 5 presets per song, the MFC and axe has over 350 storage locations more enough for anyone I would say.

So you just store the same preset 5 times in different / rhythm / sole / extreme etc and you are done huh.

Hmm

Scenes = gapless switching.

Hmm

When you edit an effects settings the changes are reflected for all scenes too, no need to mirror these changes on additional presets that are based on that sound too. That can be an advantage but also a disadvantage.

The real bummer is that you'll be in Iowa for the next three days. I spent a month there one weekend...LOL No offense to any...Iowans?...Iowaites?...Iowanians? Whatever. I used to wonder why Slipknot sounds so angry. Then I found out they were from Iowa. Nuff Ced!

"I had to go to France to appreciate Iowa."
Grant Wood

Phew, finally managed to update my Axe II. Thanks to Cliff and team, this is da bomb! Sounds fantastic8)

There is a short dropout when changing from Amp X to Amp Y. Do scenes eliminate this?

Terry.

No. I just tried and there is still a short dropout.

Since I haven't been regularly switching between X and Y amp, I don't know if the drop out is better than before or not so you'll probably want to experiment. For me, for similar levels/gain between the two, the dropout is sounds like a weak crossfade rather than a full dropout. For some transitions, I doubt this would matter. For others where the guitar is prominent, you probably want to use two amp blocks and "crossfade" using a modifier (using level on each amp with one inverted tied to the same modifier or similar with a a Vol/Pan (or Mixer block)).

I think I'll wait for the new axe-edit for updating, what do you say guys? no problem updating to V 9.0 beta using axe-edit? It's the only way I know :(

I bet all of you who have started using V 9.0 beta have "scene" the light, lol.

I updated using an Axe Edit that's massively out of date. I think it's from around firmware 3 or so. Axe Manage and firmware updates etc. are all good from any version in my experience.

I think I'll wait for the new axe-edit for updating, what do you say guys? no problem updating to V 9.0 beta using axe-edit?

I did the updates for 8 and 9 via AxeEdit with no issue (as well as uploading cab IR's), and encourage you to go to 9; it's simply killer...fantastic update to the sound and feel. Just Do It!

I also used Axe-Edit (the current version) for the FW upgrade. If it's just uploading the file, all it's doing is acting as a MIDI transport as far as I can tell. No issues.

Edit: Also want to add - best sounding firmware yet. Usually I don't really notice a monster difference between them, but after getting home from work a bit early today and spending a couple of hours with it, everything feels better. Great job guys.

it should spill over no matter what delays are selected, but different types will have glitches as the algorithm changes. so for best results, keep the same type... for now (?) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom