Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Cliff - As usual, I am stoked that you are still improving the AFX! Thanks for both your diligence and prowess in this amazing world of tubescent analog/digital modeling - I can't wait to hear the new Super-Reverb model and all the dynamics improvements/refinements! I still smile when I recall your very relaxed and humorous presentations/demonstrations at the West Coast AxeFest - what a cool 'hang' it was!
And don't forget "Cliff's Boogie!" :D

anyone's axe fx ii freezing up with v9 beta? mine is. loaded, reloaded firmware. i start playing and sometimes very quickly or after only a short while, it locks up and becomes unresponsive. i still have sound but with whatever state the blocks were in at the moment it freezes up. I have to shut down, wait, power back up and I'm ok again but it keeps happening. I'm really hoping by going back to v8 I'll be ok til v9 goes public. crap...(not v9 or fractal, the fact it's not working on my box)

Yes,
A known issue that will be addressed with the upcoming release of v9.

When not using USB, TURN OFF USB ADAPTER MODE in the MIDI page of the I/O menu.

Here's a (typically clam-filled) preview of Version 9.00 demonstrating all the improved dynamics stuff since the beta release. This is Tube Screamer model into a Super Reverb model:
www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/super_verb_v9rc.mp3

This demo is full of additional delay and reverb. IMHO you can evaluate the quality of the sound of the model only when you hear what you want to evaluate - guitar, drive, amp, cab. No other additional effects whatsoever. But maybe I am wrong and you all have ears that can isolate amp sound and effects - mine can't.

anyone's axe fx ii freezing up with v9 beta? mine is. loaded, reloaded firmware. i start playing and sometimes very quickly or after only a short while, it locks up and becomes unresponsive. i still have sound but with whatever state the blocks were in at the moment it freezes up. I have to shut down, wait, power back up and I'm ok again but it keeps happening. I'm really hoping by going back to v8 I'll be ok til v9 goes public. crap...(not v9 or fractal, the fact it's not working on my box)

Turn USB Adapter Mode off.

This demo is full of additional delay and reverb. IMHO you can evaluate the quality of the sound of the model only when you hear what you want to evaluate - guitar, drive, amp, cab. No other additional effects whatsoever. But maybe I am wrong and you all have ears that can isolate amp sound and effects - mine can't.

Then don't listen to it. I didn't have to make that clip. I could have gone for a walk or eaten a chocolate bar.

Just getting caught up,

Thanks for the sneak peek at the Super model Cliff! I appreciate the extra effort to come to the forum and make posts like that!

Rock on,

Richard

With respect, there's something to be said for both ways. Unless all your records have absolutely no effects or processing whatsoever, Cliff's clip is more what the model will sound like in its "natural habitat" than an absolutely dry clip would be. That said, I don't think Cliff put much processing on it at all. Of course, I drench everything in chorus and delay, so almost everyone's stuff sounds bone dry to me. :D

Any chance we can get a "little recording" of the FAS crunch ??

This will be a good Fw update
Thanks anyway

Then don't listen to it. I didn't have to make that clip. I could have gone for a walk or eaten a chocolate bar.

Ahh, but you got me all wrong. The clip was stated to be a '...preview of Version 9.00 demonstrating all the improved dynamics stuff since the beta release...'. Due to the additional effects I could not evaluate the 'improved dynamics' - that was what I meant. Maybe I did not use the correct words, but this is due to my first language not being English.

Yes, Cliff, could you record a snippet of the FAS Crunch... please...? I'm looking forward to it, thanks for the new models, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom