Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they're something similar in your countries but in France we have an expression saying "better is the well's enemy", i hope you understand this statement ;)
It says when everything is good, all is going well, don't try too much to get it better... because you may get it worse
But with FAS it's completely invalidated ! :D

May be the FAS moto should be "It gets Better whatever" or simply "Better whatever".:eek:

Thanks Cliff. I really appreciate that you choose SRV to demo the Super Reverb! One of the most hard to get blues sound. I know, fingers, fingers! :roll

Can anyone explain how the midi switching for the scenes works?

I use a ground control (not pro) which is a fairly basic controller. All my midi commands seem to do is flip from scene 1 to scene 8 and back. What's different about it?

Would it be possible to get numerical switching to each individual scene ie cc 81 scene 2, 82 scene 3 etc?

With all the choices we've had for so long I wasn't particularly concerned about a Super Reverb model, but now I'm stoked. Nice choice of tune by the way Cliff, love me some SRV...

Tu m étonnes !!

I don't know if they're something similar in your countries but in France we have an expression saying "better is the well's enemy", i hope you understand this statement ;)
It says when everything is good, all is going well, don't try too much to get it better... because you may get it worse

It's hard to translate "le mieux est l'ennemi du bien" ;) j'aurais écrit "Better is best's enemy" :)

Can anyone explain how the midi switching for the scenes works?
From the release notes:

Scenes can be changed via MIDI CC (or via Program Change when using preset mapping). There are three CCs available for scene selection: Scene Select, Scene Increment and Scene Decrement. Scene Select allows directly selecting a desired scene via the CC Value. The scene selected is the CC Value plus 1. For example, to select Scene 2 the data value would be 1. Scene Increment and Decrement step through the eight scenes whenever a value greater than 63 on the configured CC is received, wrapping around at the limits. Additionally, mapping mode allows mapping a PC message to not only a preset but also a given scene.

Getting able to step through the scenes by increment or decrement....
I guess my first try will be to use it for different drive-blocks. Scn1=no drive, 2=drv1x, 3=drv2y, 4=drv2x, 5=drv2y, wich means that I can have 4 totally different driveboxes with independent settings controlled by one single IA.
What else could I use it for, still have 3 scenes left?

I just about to comment "a Super Reverb, I thought it was a band Master", then I went back a couple pages, and Bam!! there it is. This makes me laugh hard, because Cliff is going way beyond this time. He was probably done with the Axe-fx part awhile ago waiting for everything else, but he just doesn't sit there and twiddle his thumbs and wait, like most people, he goes and adds another amp (or two).

I know it gets old to keep thanking Cliff, but what else are we supposed to do on our end. There is a phrase I heard from an old musician friend when I was a kid. He said "applause is like a steak dinner to a musician" So Cliff Sir I applaud you for your Genuine tenacity, and desire to be the best. I would quit My high paying Bank Job in a second to work for a guy like you. But since that won't happen, I will gladly work for you on my side of the world and keep selling this to anyone who will listen, (it's actually not that hard and they do sell themselves).

Did the Bad cat Come in? Sorry I don't know why I keep asking about this guy, but it must be because, it's one of those amps that I looked at in Magazines ads for years, and always wanted, but never had the ability to play one. Now that I think about, it might have been one of those Tophat amps, oh well...

Here's to a great release 9, whenever that happens.

anyone's axe fx ii freezing up with v9 beta? mine is. loaded, reloaded firmware. i start playing and sometimes very quickly or after only a short while, it locks up and becomes unresponsive. i still have sound but with whatever state the blocks were in at the moment it freezes up. I have to shut down, wait, power back up and I'm ok again but it keeps happening. I'm really hoping by going back to v8 I'll be ok til v9 goes public. crap...(not v9 or fractal, the fact it's not working on my box)

anyone's axe fx ii freezing up with v9 beta? mine is. loaded, reloaded firmware. i start playing and sometimes very quickly or after only a short while, it locks up and becomes unresponsive. i still have sound but with whatever state the blocks were in at the moment it freezes up. I have to shut down, wait, power back up and I'm ok again but it keeps happening. I'm really hoping by going back to v8 I'll be ok til v9 goes public. crap...(not v9 or fractal, the fact it's not working on my box)
Are you using the MFC? If so, is your fw up to date?

I'm looking forward to trying the Super Reverb. Thanks Cliff, you're making a lot of folks happy with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom