Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes me wonder if future revisions of scenes would have the ability to take a snapshot of your layout including the parameters in each block. Not really a wish list item although that would be really powerful. I'm curious if Cliff has this in mind for the future.

Which makes me wonder if future revisions of scenes would have the ability to take a snapshot of your layout including the parameters in each block. Not really a wish list item although that would be really powerful. I'm curious if Cliff has this in mind for the future.
WOnder if this will be possible in the new AE. Like a "save settings"...."paste settings" type thing you see inside plug ins in ProTools for instance.

This could work out well for the church players that always wanted to have a loud Fuch behind the pews, but were afraid it might offend someone.

haha! i played my Fuchs ODS50 many times at church. nobody ever said anything, but they might have been thinking it!

I need help! I'm now checking the site every fifteen or twenty minutes for AE and 9.0. The first step is admitting that you have a problem. Hi I'm a guitar player and I am a Fractalholic.

I noticed when I read the release notes last night that V9 not only has new power amp modelling, but it also has new cathode follower modelling. We are in for a real treat when V9 lands.

Terry.

New power amp modeling with improved dynamic response. This new modeling features improved transformer/plate interaction modeling resulting in better feel and a punchier response. The Supply Sag parameter is more responsive as a result. Additionally, crossover and transformer hysteresis distortion modeling is improved resulting in more overtones when playing softly. This improves controlled feedback performance and yields a more aggressive tone at lower Power Tube Bias settings. The Global menu allows the choice of Version 9.xx, 8.xx or 7.xx modeling to suit individual tastes. Note that Version 9.xx is slightly quieter so don’t be swayed by Fletcher-Munson effects when evaluating differences.

Greatly improved cathode follower modeling. The cathode follower modeling now varies the amount of distortion in addition to compression. This results in a more dynamic attack, improved feel and more “punch” and “thunk” (since this also creates low frequency energy into the power amp). The amount of cathode follower affect is controlled, as always, by the COMP parameter in the Amp block. Note that the higher the COMP value, the more effective distortion on sustained notes. Therefore as you increase COMP, you may want to decrease Drive. Also note that excessive values can result in pumping or blocking distortion.

Added PICK ATTACK parameter to Amp block. This parameter controls a sophisticated dynamic range processor that operates on leading edge transients. Negative values reduce pick attack while positive values enhance it.

Jesus Loves you!
lol ;)

The "PICK ATTACK" may be just what many are searching for to get that round blooming tone.
I tend to play mainly clean to slightly over driven. I play with a soft touch (but-end of the pick) with the volume up and try to get a round tone without that "klak" and harshness from pick attack.

Really looking forward to these improvements!

you could put a U in the middle of FOX instead of the O so it will still sounds like FUCHS.....wait...guess that won't work either :eek:ops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom