Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.0 and MFC-101 Firmware 2.15

The new manual is out!

That's huge. Having an up-to-date manual is great for all users and a real boon to new users who find controls and features that aren't documented in the old manuals.

It takes a lot of work to put a new manual together—more than you'd realize unless you've done something like that. There's way more involved than just writing new pages. Hooray and thank you!

On a side note, I'm surprised by how few posts there have been here since the new firmware was released. Usually, threads like this are hopping after a new version comes out, and my guess is that more prople have jumped on FW9 than on any previous release. I think people are just having too much fun with the sound, feature and amp upgrades. I know I am.

Last edited:
v9 has a great feel and is inspiring for sure. I'm having a blast playing and getting tons of varied distortion tones with the pick and right hand...kinda like surfing on a perfect wave of distortion and working it lol!

Am having some problems updating the MFC-101 Firmware to get Scenes capability. Using MAC and SYSEX Librarian. Have 5 pin midi and power supply. AXEFXII MIDI send to None MFC- in Firmware update mode, click play, sysex edit starts transmitting, no response on MFC. Display never changes from FW update mode and firmware is still 2.13. Any ideas?

Did you see my video? It walks through the process for your setup. Link to my blog in my signature below.

Yes Chris, I watched your video prior to attempting. I'm pretty sure everything is connected and the steps are right, just no joy. The only thing I haven't tried yet is downloading the update on line again.

Oh, what does "axefx midi send to none" mean?

In SysEx librarian you have to choose Midi In or Midi Out (whatever appears in the drop down). None means no output from computer to MFC.

Ahh I see, you said "midi send to none" which is different than SysEx set to none.

Well I can only suggest try going through my video again step by step. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom