Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.0 and MFC-101 Firmware 2.15

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
fw9.jpg

Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.0 has been released on our web site.

With over a dozen new amps, newly improved dynamic response, and an all-new performance feature called SCENES, it's the best time ever to upgrade your Axe-Fx II. Firmware 9.0 is available as a free download and is recommended for all Axe-Fx II owners.

The MFC-101 has also been updated. Firmware 2.15 provides full support for Axe-Fx II Scenes, including direct scene selection from any footswitch, plus scene increment and decrement controls. The update installs seamlessly right over previous 2.x versions.

DOWNLOAD AXE-FX II FIRMWARE VERSION 9.0

DOWNLOAD NOTES:

• Presets for v8 are fully compatible with version 9 and have not been updated.
  • A "SCENES MINI MANUAL" is included with the firmware download.
  • New scenes 2-8 will be load with all blocks engaged. Careful with volume speakers while testing ;-)
  • Updated Axe-Fx II and MFC-101 manuals will be available on our web site within hours.
  • Axe-Edit 2.0 is still in development and is moving along nicely. You can use the old version to update firmware, but it will be incompatible for editing.
  • We'll provide a separate update with news on a public Axe-Edit beta once details are finalized.

===================================

ABOUT SCENES

In addition to the amp and cab modeling, an Axe-Fx II preset can contain a number of pre- or post-effects—an entire virtual guitar rig with tremendous flexibility and control.
For flexibility and control from “old-school” rigs, a device called a switcher is used to switch effects into or out of the signal path. Switchers also have presets, which reduce tap-dancing by providing single-stomp access to different sets of pedals.

Until now, simulating this capability on the Axe-Fx has required multiple presets or fancy foot controller programming (trust us, you’d rather be playing!) The multi-preset approach, however, was not without certain drawbacks. Setup and maintenance could be challenging, changes were not always gapless, and it took care to get levels and spillover right.

Now there’s an easier way. As of firmware version 9, every Axe-Fx II preset* contains eight scenes. Each scene stores the BYPASS setting for every block in the preset, the X/Y selection for those blocks that support it, and the preset’s MAIN output level. Scene changes are seamless and instantaneous, with perfect spillover requiring almost no effort. Scenes can easily be selected from the front panel or with a MIDI foot controller such as the MFC-101.

* Even presets created under older firmware versions will load up in 9.0 with eight scenes!

Thanks so much guys!! So what's the ETA with Axe Edit? since it all didn't drop at once.

Thanks again!

For some reason I can't unzip the firmware on my mac... :( I guess I'll update tomorrow! Thanks FAS!

Objector, I just unzipped it under OS X 10.8.2, testing with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari using the built in archive utility and also BetterZip.

Try re-downloading maybe, or clear your cache.

Great! Stability (I presume), More amps for me to get hopelessly in love with/tweakish with... and that picking sensitivity param!

Now, stupid question: how do I update the FW w/o using Axe-Edit. Do I need a MIDI utility of some sort?

Yes, it's been THAT LONG!

Great ! Thanks, perfect a few weeks before X-Mas. Superb magnificent present, thought FAS would keep us under high voltage a few weeks more !
Looking forward to try it out and hoping the scenes stuff will work out with my good old FCB1010.
Cheers, happy x-mas and thumbs up to FAS team ! FAS are the best !

Back
Top Bottom