Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

You ain't heard nuttin' yet. I had an epiphany about a week ago and I've been working 16 hour days since working on it. I just got the code finally working and, well, you'll see.

I'd bet your wife doesn't love your epiphanys as we do...

rock on big kahuna

Last edited:
+1 on that Simeon! Totally rocks! Completely satisfied! After experiencing the improvement, Now I'm beside myself for the new epiphany Cliff mentioned :) :) :)

I can't really add much to the above - gigged with 20beta this weekend and it's just freakin' amazing. Every patch nailed a tone I have in my head. I can't imagine what the latest epiphany will bring.

that's not an epiphany.... that's a mental breakdown

image.jpg

Maybe I'm ascribing benefits to the beta that don't exist and I'm making things up - but it seems like the latency on the pitch-shifter has been reduced.

well i had my first gig with 20b last night and....wow! plexi tone from the gods and my triaxis lead 2 red patch sounds unbelievable. i dunno what's up with the changes to the cathode follower doodah, but whatever's going on, it sounds magnificent

Still on FW19 and getting nothing but compliments from soundguys ranging from "one of the best guitar sounds I've heard" to "this sounds so full there's no f*cking room for the keyboards" ;-)
Guess i'll have to stay on FW19 or we'll have to get rid of the keyboardplayer ;-)

Cliff, for the sake of sparing me carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking the mouse to refresh the screen, can you tell us whether you are releasing this soon, or in like another week or whatever?

Thanks

Last edited:
I always feel like I don't need to update and then you bastards start making comments about how awesome things sound and I download quicker than a kid getting Call of Duty....

I always feel like I don't need to update and then you bastards start making comments about how awesome things sound and I download quicker than a kid getting Call of Duty....

I always chuckle when I see posts like "I'm totally happy with my tone now since this latest release and can't imagine that it will improve so I won't be updating my firmware now for quite a while". It never quite seem to work out that way :)

You ain't heard nuttin' yet. I had an epiphany about a week ago and I've been working 16 hour days since working on it. I just got the code finally working and, well, you'll see.

How do you do it? Do a couple lines of coke, I mean code and then play your guitar to see how it sounds and then a few more lines of code?

Back
Top Bottom