Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

I guess the JMP-1 had to be eventually released in G3 for you to acknowledge the fact, that G2 version didn't exactly managed to sound like the reference model :p

Nope all I said was that the jmp1 G2 version sounded good as is. I still hold that opinion. If that opinion bothers you I don't really mind. :mrgreen Here's another opinion. I'm sure that the G3 version will sound even better as I expect it should. And, I won't mind that either... :frog:

View beta, the same way your mom views experimenting 2 weeks before the holidays, on a new dessert. She brings it out to you and your dad to try, and to offer your opinion of what is good or bad with it. You eat it off a napkin.

Fast forward 2 weeks to the holiday. Your mom has cleaned the whole house, set the table with the good dishes, prepared a full meal, and brings the dessert out on a glass covered platter. There will be no one eating the dessert off a napkin whilst sitting on the couch. Everyone will be at the formal dining room table.

And so it is with beta firmware. It is down and dirty without the usual, formal trappings of the actual released firmware.

Thank you....and can you please pass me the gravy?

I had a weird one happen yesterday with V20b. One preset that works fine without the MFC connected caused the Axe to lock up every single time I tried to use it with the MFC. The solution was simple: don't use the patch (Sunday morning service). Since I leave my MFC at the church I'm still not sure what caused the problem, but that patch had a tone match block, which I don't normally use. So I exported it and used a cab block instead. Anyone else see anything similar?

I didn't see any mention of whether this will work with the current version of Axe Edit, this would be good info to have in the main FW release post.

No new features EVER work with Axe-edit in a BETA, but everything else is solid.

Technically it is not supported, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loaded up FW20B... Never made it out of my first preset. The Engl Savage... Sounds nice. Please keep them coming.

It's beta. The boys only update axe edit when firmware is released. Use beta at your own risk and inconvenience.

This would be good information to include in the initial post. There have been beta releases in the past which did not require an updated Axe Edit.

Last edited:
It’s really not rocket surgery. If there’s new knobs that can be turned (like Dephase), Axe Edit needs to be updated with the new knobs added. You can still use Axe Edit with the beta but without being able to turn the new knobs. If you want to turn the new knobs you have to do that on the front panel. This has, and will always be the case.

If there’s no new knobs to be turned (updates such as G3’d the Solo 99 model, adding Vibrato Verb AA models or “greatly improving cathode follower model in Amp block”) Axe Edit will automatically see the new amp models and won’t affect the underlying processing of the Axe Fx 2 (Axe Edit does not affect cathode follower changes).

This would be good information to include in the initial post. There have been beta releases in the past which did not require an updated Axe Edit.

Not ones that added features. If there are added features they aren't reflected in Edit until the final release when it's updated. Pretty well known and understood fact.

AXE hanged

I have bern running FW20 since it was relised.
Yesterday I fired up the AXE but got no sound just a hum ehen rising the volume.
No reaction on input LEDs.
Changed guitar cable bit still the same.
I reinstalled FW20 and everything worked fine.
Mike
Sweden

Concerning the JMP-1 preamp: I was always impressed with the rather unique EQ network of this preamp ~ although the names of the controls are standard Marshall, they seem to allow for a greater degree of unique tones... Very glad to hear about the new models!

Pretty well known and understood fact.

That's actually an assumption, not a fact. It's also beside the point, it would still be good to note in each new FW release post, then there's no question, especially for newer users and experienced users that have lives aside from reading every forum post.

That's actually an assumption, not a fact. It's also beside the point, it would still be good to note in each new FW release post, then there's no question, especially for newer users and experienced users that have lives aside from reading every forum post.

Probably won't matter either way. The sticky about USB volume has been up there since April & there has been a steady flow of questions about that ever since.:-|

It’s really not rocket surgery. If there’s new knobs that can be turned (like Dephase), Axe Edit needs to be updated with the new knobs added. You can still use Axe Edit with the beta but without being able to turn the new knobs. If you want to turn the new knobs you have to do that on the front panel.

Errrr, that's "rocket science"... But, I agree with the rest :D

G'day,

Unfortunately I haven't been as lucky with FW20B as others. I tried to backup before updating but it just kept timing out so after 1/2 hour of that I proceeded with the 'it never stuffed up before' philosophy... Well.. we all know how that ends up.

So... All my user cabs are gone.... And I try to save (from an older backup)...using AxeEdits Cab Manager.. and though it goes through the motions, no save. Bugger.

Anyone else see this behaviour?

Oh I'm updating (and talking about) the XL+ - haven't done the MKII.
<Update> I just tried loading a single cab using fractalbot - Once again it appears to work fine, but the cab does not save.
Pauly

Had an epiphany late last week. Pulled a few 2:00 am coding sessions and here ya go:

BACK UP YOUR PRESETS.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/20.0/axefx2_20p00beta1.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/20.0/axefx2_xl_20p00beta1.zip

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/20.0/axefx2_xlplus_20p00beta1.zip

Versus the 19.01 beta there is now no lag between X/Y switching on the cab block, even when using De-Phase. Amp X/Y switching should be faster and scene changes should be faster. Most importantly though it sounds really good.

EDIT: Beta1 is now up which fixes the crashing issue.

Last edited:
G'day,

Unfortunately I haven't been as lucky with FW20B as others. I tried to backup before updating but it just kept timing out so after 1/2 hour of that I proceeded with the 'it never stuffed up before' philosophy... Well.. we all know how that ends up.

So... All my user cabs are gone.... And I try to save (from an older backup)...using AxeEdits Cab Manager.. and though it goes through the motions, no save. Bugger.

Anyone else see this behaviour?

Oh I'm updating (and talking about) the XL+ - haven't done the MKII.
<Update> I just tried loading a single cab using fractalbot - Once again it appears to work fine, but the cab does not save.
Pauly

Are your cabs gone in Axe Edit or do you not see them on the front panel & have no sound on presets that use them? There is a bug that will cause Axe Edit to not display them.

Back
Top Bottom