Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

So would the Brit 800 be a model that would be affected by the cathode follower changes? I used to use it back in the FW12 days but gravitated more towards Plexi type models. I decided to give it some time again last night and today and there's something addictive about it for me. The dynamics and response to guitar volume control just feel so right. I've always run the MV high on this model (7.5+) as I had a friend that owned a 2204 horizontal input that had to get above 7 on the master to really sound amazing. Unfortunately in the real world that translated to face peeling volume, but my Axe doesn't have that issue.

"The associated “CF Comp” parameter has been renamed “Preamp Comp” because most guitar players don’t know and don’t care what is a Cathode Follower."

Yep, that would be me. *LOL*

Wow I love the G3'd Soldano X99 Lead with the recommend +4db for the bright switch. Its my 80's dream tone haha.

"The associated “CF Comp” parameter has been renamed “Preamp Comp” because most guitar players don’t know and don’t care what is a Cathode Follower."

I thought exactly the same thing when i read through the notes haha

So would the Brit 800 be a model that would be affected by the cathode follower changes? I used to use it back in the FW12 days but gravitated more towards Plexi type models. I decided to give it some time again last night and today and there's something addictive about it for me. The dynamics and response to guitar volume control just feel so right. I've always run the MV high on this model (7.5+) as I had a friend that owned a 2204 horizontal input that had to get above 7 on the master to really sound amazing. Unfortunately in the real world that translated to face peeling volume, but my Axe doesn't have that issue.

Most definitely. I got stuck on factory preset 10 for about two hours after I finished coding it.

So I seem to have a bug such that when I try to add cabs via axe-manage cabs in axe edit, it displays the User slots starting with U001..., then when I move cabs to slots and save, when I look at my cab list, it has saved them to factory starting a F0160??? Just tried reflashing and it still does the same thing. IT overwrites whatever cab was there previously.

Axe edit has not been updated yet for the new firmware so it will not function properly with any of the new features!

So it's not just me? This has become almost instantaneously my favorite amp :)

I got lost on the Solo 99 last night.

I knew nothing about it and to be honest am not ever sure if I ever tried the non-G3 but damn that s a GREAT fun amp.

For some reason though I didn't get the same feeling with the new Brit Pres but that's probably because I didn't spend too much time with them.

After updating, do we need to do anything that the changes in amp block take effect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel guilty, because I explained it to the community almost two years ago. Not every guitar amp needs this thingy....

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...thode-follower-again-;-no-rocket-science.html

Preamp Compression is just one thing, Clipping Behavior is unique ;)

Back
Top Bottom