Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.01 Public Beta (1)

Added a new mode to the “Character” controls in the Amp block. A Char Type of “Dynamic” engages an exciting new mode of tone control. This can be used to fatten or scoop the tone as a function of picking strength. For example, set the Type to Dynamic, Char Freq to 450.0, Char Q to 0.7 and Char Amt to 4.0. This will cause the tone to get fatter and thicker as you play hard but without getting honky when playing

interesting! :)

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes

Added “Dephase” control to Cabinet block. This parameter controls a sophisticated process that removes the “phasiness” from IRs and can yield a more “in the room” experience. Note that the processing required is extreme and the control can have some lag and this will also add slightly to preset change time.

Added a new mode to the “Character” controls in the Amp block. A Char Type of “Dynamic” engages an exciting new mode of tone control. This can be used to fatten or scoop the tone as a function of picking strength. For example, set the Type to Dynamic, Char Freq to 450.0, Char Q to 0.7 and Char Amt to 4.0. This will cause the tone to get fatter and thicker as you play hard but without getting honky when playing soft.

“G3’d” the Vibrato Verb AA and AB amp models. Also added a “Vibrato Verb CS” model which is based on a Vibroverb Custom Reissue with the Mod switch on. Note that the Transformer Matching value for this model is based on the output transformer in the actual amp. Legend has it that SRV used a Bassman transformer which would lead to significant overmatching. To replicate this increase Xfrmr Match to around 1.8.

Fixed Dry Delay Shift parameter not working in Flanger block. The parameter has been renamed to Dry Delay and works differently (and more intuitively). The parameter now sets the delay time of the dry signal as a percentage of the maximum delay time of the wet signal. For classic thru-zero flanging this parameter should be set to 50%. For interesting new sounds experiment with lower or higher values. Note that this parameter has no effect if Through Zero is set to Off.

Thank you very much Cliff and ''FAS'', there are many great new Parameters which encouraged me to upgrade from 18.08 to 19.01b during my recording process !,

This is awesome >>> “Dephase” <<<

Last edited:
i feel like it didn't add any CPU usage. if anything .1%. it was sluggish when adjusting, but didn't make my 86% preset any higher.

i could be wrong.

Perhaps it's a lengthy calculation that has to be performed on the IR each time the value of De-Phase is changed. Perhaps once the calculation is finished, it can be applied in realtime with no DSP required beyond the IR. Perhaps I drank too much after tonight's gig.

i feel like it didn't add any CPU usage. if anything .1%. it was sluggish when adjusting, but didn't make my 86% preset any higher.

i could be wrong.

After setting De-phase at 5, CPU increases (about 2%) when playing. When not playing, CPU is about the same.

Thanks Cliff for this great update. Does the de-phase use the same or similar algo of the smoothing parameter in the tonematch block? It sounds like it applies the same transformation to the ir. Am I wrong?

After setting De-phase at 5, CPU increases (about 2%) when playing. When not playing, CPU is about the same.

Interesting. I was going to ask why the IR couldn't then be re-saved with the processing but maybe it is dynamically applied?

I can't update right now but am looking forward to trying this out when I've got enough time to update.

Wow, this sounds like a great release, many thanks for sharing the beta. Can't wait to try out the new character type. I'm also intrigued with the dephase setting! Thanks man!

The Vibrato Verb amps?...THANKS!!
Pauly

As our X-99 preamp is stuck somewhere in PA and I'm taking a short vacation for a few days I wanted to get this beta out to people. There are some cool new features and a bug fix. Be sure to check out the Vibroverb models.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/19.0/axefx2_19p01beta.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/19.0/axefx2_xl_19p01beta.zip

XL Plus:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/19.0/axefx2_xlplus_19p01beta.zip

I'm working for the remainder of today and tomorrow morning. If you have questions get them in before noon tomorrow or they'll have to wait until middle of next week.

This De-Phase parameter is interesting. I wonder how it compares to the KPA new Pure Cabinet feature? Sounds like they are both trying to address the amp in the room issue in some way. Timing is also interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom