Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Released

Not trying to bash anyone but i wonder how does Fractal feel about these people...ie,Cooper Carter,Kris at katsucori,and others making money on doing demos and educational videos.....I mean I would like to see Mark day or someone from fractal doing g them...I watched a few of the others and they miss so much....kinda da like they're riding Cliffs coattails. ....just saying.....

I'm not trying to bash anyone, but what you've added to this thread has NOTHING to do with FW 19. That is what this thread was about.

If your so concerned about "how Fractal feels" you should start a new thread with your gripe. I'm sure it'll be quite popular. Now to answer your question, IMHO, when a good portion of new users state that they made a purchase of an Axe based on the videos made by Chris or Cooper I'd say that FAS is pretty cool with it.

Not trying to bash anyone but i wonder how does Fractal feel about these people...ie,Cooper Carter,Kris at katsucori,and others making money on doing demos and educational videos.....I mean I would like to see Mark day or someone from fractal doing g them...I watched a few of the others and they miss so much....kinda da like they're riding Cliffs coattails. ....just saying.....

Tons of people are making money off the axe playing music at gigs. I wonder how they feel about that!?

To be honest, I don't make much money at all, probably about $25 a month from ads. It's a lot of work, I constantly need to stay updated and remember a ton of details so I can help people, and FAS benefits from the content without directly paying anyone.

I believe Cooper works directly with FAS now to make "official" videos. So you can now safely enjoy his.

Last edited:
Personally I have found most videos really helpful when I needed to set up my MFC and external pedals. I also like the local flavor of some of these videos - there are some by a German guy that have been really helpful in tone matching an acoustic guitar. Love how he says PARAmeter instead of paRAMeter.

shouldnt 19.01 be right around the corner?...remember cliff stated that in some post. Im still on 18 and dont wanna upgrade just before 19.01 :)

Guys, I know this has been discussed before a million times about the USB volume being low but the fix isn't working for me. For instance my volume is low on the usb going to my computer running protools. I went to the new USB RETURN Lever and turned it all the way up but it doesn't seem to fix my problem.. I have seen a ton of people on here complaining about this problem and the USB RETURN level seems to fix it for them.. However that is not working for me. Is there also something in FW 19 that I am missing besides the USB Return Level?

...my volume is low on the usb going to my computer running protools. I went to the new USB RETURN Lever and turned it all the way up but it doesn't seem to fix my problem..
USB Return level is for USB coming into the Axe, not going out of it. You've got a low level dialed in somewhere, either in the Axe or in Protools.

I used to work as a product manager at the dominant equipment manufacturer in the computer networking field. We actively cultivated an ecosystem of partners to help make the "whole solution" that benefits customers. There are pieces of the value chain that the main company doesn't have the time or resources to focus on, which creates mutually beneficial opportunities for the partners and the main company, and ultimately for the customers. The general success of the main company helps pull up the partners, but the risk for partners is that at any point if the main company decides to take an interest in the niche the little partner carved out, then the partner is toast. Usually the main company has so much going on that they prefer having someone take care of the other details - as long as they see it's not a core area of business that is holding back their success. Even if it is a critical area, if it is less profitable, the main business may spend more effort helping partners be successful rather than trying to own it for themselves. In the case of the Fractal community, the incentive for the partners appears to be less about the cold hard cash (although that's a part of it as much as can be hoped for), and more about creativity and feelings: making something of value that others recognize and appreciate, contributing to and being a part of a community, with the feelings of acceptance and identity that go along with that. So far it seems like a win/win for all parties.

In short, I would seriously doubt if Fractal felt threatened by the community that helps deliver the whole solution that attracts customers and keeps existing customers happy. The success of partners adds to the success of the main company. At any point Fractal can take the parts they think are important for them to own, and the rest is up to the good will of the community or specific upstanding individuals to create.

I've been travelling a lot the last few months so haven't been here to do updates.
I'm currently at ver 17.04 on my XL.
Do I need to update everything between 17.04 and the 19 that was just released or can 19 go right over the top of 17.04?

I've been travelling a lot the last few months so haven't been here to do updates.
I'm currently at ver 17.04 on my XL.
Do I need to update everything between 17.04 and the 19 that was just released or can 19 go right over the top of 17.04?

You can apply 19 over top of whatever you have there now but you'll be reworking presets as a bunch of major changes were made between 17 and 19. See also the thread on the new beta firmware release here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...xe-fx-ii-quantum-rev-1-00-public-beta-18.html -- you may just want to wait or try the beta?

Nay, this is my gigging system.
I can't chance screwing up so many hours of work...lol
Not going to put in betas until someone who does most of their work at home tries it first...lol

So I have to find however many updates there's been since 17.04...

Nay, this is my gigging system.
I can't chance screwing up so many hours of work...lol
Not going to put in betas until someone who does most of their work at home tries it first...lol

So I have to find however many updates there's been since 17.04...

I have a lot of information starting from about 17.04 at my site. Check out the latest articles

http://axefxtutorials.com/latest-info/

For you, I would suggest waiting until the final version of Quantum is released and install it! So much sounds and feels better now, but it will definitely change your current sound - in a good way! From 17, you might need some more time to adjust things.

Back
Top Bottom