Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Released

And ill be the first to post, Yehaaaa

[Edit]
I had to quickly scan the release notes. just.. in.. case.. ;)

Last edited:
Sweeeet! Gna be a great weekend! I best fire up my PC

Thanks Cliff and co!

Hang on tho, thought u didnt care about the customer :p

Thanks Cliff, you rock!

Edit: Cliff and everyone at Fractal.

Last edited:
patience has been rewarded! Thought I'd wait for the official release before updating since this is my first major FW upgrade. Next time I'll probably just try the beta.

And here are the release notes . . . .

Improved many of the Drive models by applying “G3” techniques. Note that this may cause significant changes to the behavior of some models. Of particular note is that the taper of the Drive and Level controls has changed in many of the models and may differ substantially from previous firmware. Models that have been fully converted to G3 models are indicated in the name.

Added a new Clip Type to the Drive block. The “Variable” type allows the user to adjust the shape of the clipping using the new “Clip Shape” parameter. Low values of Clip Shape give a smooth, focused tone while high values give a harder, brasher sound.

Improved Cabinet block Motor Drive algorithm. The new algorithm more accurately models power compression.

Improved Amp block power tube plate current calculation. This results in increased clarity, improved feel/attack and better edge of breakup distortion texture. The default Power Tube Bias values have been updated to reflect this change and existing presets will be updated automatically to the new values.

Changed all references to “CK” in the Cab block to “ML”.

The Output Compressor in the Amp block now features two modes of operation: Output and Feedback. These modes are set using the new Comp Type parameter. “Output” is the previous type where the compressor acts on the output of the block. “Feedback” also compresses the block output but applies dynamics to the input of the block based on the output compression. The “Comp Clarity” parameter adjusts the bass response of the input dynamics and can be used to add clarity to the bass.

Added EQ Location parameter to Amp block. The sets the position of the graphic EQ. The default value of “Post P.A.” places the EQ at the output of the power amp. “Pre P.A.” places the EQ between the preamp and power amp.

Increased the maximum Drive available in the Delay block. This allows adding distortion to the echoes when using the Delay block before an Amp block. Existing presets will automatically be updated to reduce the Drive accordingly.

Increased the maximum Drive available in the Multi-Delay block. This allows adding distortion to the echoes when using the Multi-Delay block before an Amp block. Existing presets will automatically be updated to reduce the Drive accordingly.

Increased Frequency Multiplier range in Ring Modulator block to 0.25-4.0. Existing presets using the Ring Mod should be auditioned to ensure proper operation.

“G3’d” the Citrus A30 amp models and 6G4 Super amp model.

Improved detector performance in Multiband Compressor.

Improved detector performance in Compressor block Dynamics mode.

Replaced factory cabs 19, 20, 21, 104, 105 and 127 with “Mic+DI” UltraRes IRs from upcoming “Universal Noise Storage 3” cab pack.

Added “5F8 Tweed” amp model based on a 1959 Fender Twin Amp. This particular model is based on Keith Urban’s “#1”. Thank you Keith for allowing us the use of your prized amplifier.

Amp block Type dialog now wraps around when using Nav Up or Nav Down buttons.

Fixed “Thordendal” amp models referencing wrong default tone stack.

i'll be detailing the Cab changes over the next hour and updating this post on my site:

Axe-Fx II - Firmware 19.00 Released | AxeFxTutorials.com

i'm hanging out in my stream if anyone wants to watch me work on that and explore 19 - might be boring at first, but we can all hang out!

http://axefxtutorials.com/chat/

edit - ok updated my post with info of the new amp, the renamed amps and the Cab replacements. go check it out, and come join in chat! there's a few of us now talking all things FAS.

Last edited:
Thank you!

After the 3 gigs this weekend I am updating, looking forward to it.
Is much re-tweaking of exsisting presets to be expected? I usually haven't had to do much after recent updates.

Supertweed preset 42 with 5f8 Tweed amp in place! Up the input drive...

Super Verb preset 46 with 6g4 Super amp in place! Up the input drive...

Oh Baby!!! Nice additions!!!

i noticed Factory Cab 19 and 104 have the same exact names. i updated from 19 Public 3, but wondering if these cabs indeed changed despite the names being the same?

19 2x12 TX Star M160
104 4x12 Cali Lead 80S Mix

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom