Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Released

I was a tube purist until last summer, and one of my tube purist friends just asked me a few days ago what I was missing most from a "real" tube amp. My honest answer was "absolutely nothing". I can create the sound in my head and make way less compromises in Fractaldom vs. with any high-end tube amp that I've owned.

Thank you Fractal Team!

+1

The drive pedals do indeed sound better.. I find myself using them more now than I previously was. FW19 is killin it..

Angle Severe 2 with the gain rolled back a bit for more transparency and one of the German cabs is a ridiculously good sounding rhythm tone. Then use a JVM OD 2 Red for the leads... wow. Perfect high gain combination. And one suggestion for those who have not tried yet:
Use two amps in parallel, one very clean, one with a bit of hair (I do it with the Shiver Clean and the USA Rhythm), run each of them separately through a suitable cab, run them then into a mixer block so that you can dial in how much crunch you want from the "amp with hair" (lol), and then run the mix first through a Chorus block set to Digital Stereo, and then through Chorus block 2 set to Dimension 1 or 2 ... and you're up in space...!!!

Angle Severe 2 with the gain rolled back a bit for more transparency and one of the German cabs is a ridiculously good sounding rhythm tone. Then use a JVM OD 2 Red for the leads... wow. Perfect high gain combination. And one suggestion for those who have not tried yet:
Use two amps in parallel, one very clean, one with a bit of hair (I do it with the Shiver Clean and the USA Rhythm), run each of them separately through a suitable cab, run them then into a mixer block so that you can dial in how much crunch you want from the "amp with hair" (lol), and then run the mix first through a Chorus block set to Digital Stereo, and then through Chorus block 2 set to Dimension 1 or 2 ... and you're up in space...!!!

thanks for sharing these tips :)

Do you mind sharing such a preset ?
the latter one mentioned in your post :)

Would you mind share preset? Thanks.

I will export it from the Axe when I am back in the studio again (some day this week) and then upload it on AxeChange. I will quickly give notice here in this thread so that you know how to find it. Thanks for the interest, guys!

I'm new on this forum so I don't now how to proceed for the questions I need an answer
Anyone can help ?
thanks
DAN

I'm new on this forum so I don't now how to proceed for the questions I need an answer
Anyone can help ?
thanks
DAN
You'll have the best luck if you post your questions in a new thread.

If they're AFII-related, go to the Axe-Fx II Discussion area and in the upper left-hand corner you'll see a "Post New Thread" button. Click that. Give it a meaningful title, fill in the contents, and then hit the post button.

Just did a gig, one preset, one scene: jtm45 dimed, with a little verb and delay through a 1960 with greenbacks. K-i-l-l-e-r tone, response and feel.
It was a suprise gig for our singer's birthday, so no soundcheck at all. No problem, it sat in the mix perfectly.
It's the real thing now

I was a tube purist until last summer, and one of my tube purist friends just asked me a few days ago what I was missing most from a "real" tube amp. My honest answer was "absolutely nothing". I can create the sound in my head and make way less compromises in Fractaldom vs. with any high-end tube amp that I've owned.

Thank you Fractal Team!

++1

I just bought my Dream rig: Axe FX II Mk2 w/MFC 101 both from different forum members each of whom could not have been more helpful. I have wanted an Axe FX for years, but job and family and an over abundance of analog gear prevented that from happening... I do know that everything I have read, seen, and heard convinces me that the wait was worth it. After purchasing the AxeFX ,the seller wrote to tell me that the last thing he did prior to sealing the box for shipment was to instal FW 19 on it...that's the kind of attitude and pride of ownership that Fractal has instilled within every part of the organization...I am so glad that as of this Friday, I will be a part of that organization as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had some amazing tube amps over the years and I was never totally satisfied with my tone. Now all those amps are gone and I couldn't be more satisfied.

One of the biggest problems with tube amps is the volume. The Axe FX solves that problem.

It also makes getting a good recorded tone much easier. Find a good IR, do a little tweaking and... done.

The other main pro of the Axe FX is having every (a slight exaggeration, but not by much) sound possible and then some in one box.

I also went through a ton of incredible tube amps over the years. Combine that with all the cabs, pedals, cables, etc., and it really added up. It was almost shameful, really. The Axe FX really does replace that.

I would still love to have one grab 'n' go tube combo amp, but it's not that high on the priority list.

One of the biggest problems with tube amps is the volume. The Axe FX solves that problem.

It also makes getting a good recorded tone much easier. Find a good IR, do a little tweaking and... done.

The other main pro of the Axe FX is having every (a slight exaggeration, but not by much) sound possible and then some in one box.

I also went through a ton of incredible tube amps over the years. Combine that with all the cabs, pedals, cables, etc., and it really added up. It was almost shameful, really. The Axe FX really does replace that.

I would still love to have one grab 'n' go tube combo amp, but it's not that high on the priority list.

Agreed on all points regarding the AxeFX II. For many years after purchasing my AxeFX I kept a great sounding grab-n-go tube combo around but it never left the house and was rarely ever turned on (only for a guest to play through - this happened only twice). I finally ended up selling it as it just wasn't seeing any use. YMMV of course.

Back
Top Bottom