Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Released

noob question. when you download a new firmware, do you have to manually put the included cabs into the unit through axe edit, or does the firmware do it all for you? It looks like you have to do it manually, but i just want to make sure

noob question. when you download a new firmware, do you have to manually put the included cabs into the unit through axe edit, or does the firmware do it all for you? It looks like you have to do it manually, but i just want to make sure

Factory cabs are updated automatically by the firmware if there are any changes.

And here I am stuck at work for another 7 hours.....

khaaaaan.gif

Admiral, if we go by the book. like Lieutenant Saavik, hours could seem like days.

Preset location has nothing to do with Cab location.

I don't know what "does it still work" means.

Does it still work if you have rearranged the factory presets? If I have relocated them or swapped the location they are in with other presets will it still update them? I assume it will but I thought I should double check.

The presets will reference the location of a cab (a cab slot), so even if you've moved your presets around, they'd still be referencing the same cab slot. In short, it should still work correctly.

Played at a charity function last night after taking a chance updating so close to a gig. I got several compliments on my tone from some guitar players in the audience. My playing not so much, but the tone, yes! :lol

I don't need to reflash the FW then ? I thought it was a good idea XD

If you updated your FW to the latest version then you're all set. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Edit: ok if I understand correctly you had a preset that used a factory slot cab that was changed by the FW update?

Joining the others who gigged FW 19 last night, and it sounded great. Amps and drives all sounded nice in the mix, and no issues experienced at all. Thanks again, FAS.

Yep, gigged with 19 last night too. Outdoors too. Very good, the direct FOH sound was very nice. Thanks FAS for the continued improvements.

Back
Top Bottom