Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta

Thankyou FAS - just installed - drives are sounding good.

One question: The BBPre now sounds way loud compared to the other drives. I used to set my BBPre level to 6 or 7 against a clean amp under previous firmwares; but in 19, to keep the volume roughly level, I have to bring the BBPre drive level all the way down to 1 or less. The other drives I've tried so far don't exhibit this. Is this correct?, or is it a bug? Regardless, the BBPre sounds great so no big wup really - just an observation.

you think that's loud, dont mess w the metal dist!

Cliff - Is it safe to assume that, like the non-G3'd amps, the drives that haven't been converted yet will still be affected by the new algorithm and sound different?

The "Full OD" is an integral part of the tone in my main patches and they sounded noticeably different despite the fact that that drive hasn't been G3'd yet. I didn't think the minor change made to the power amp modeling would account for the difference I am hearing.

Last edited:
Thanks Cliff
Was playing it on moderate level and enjoying it.
Didn't notice that it was past 2am.making my studio walls 40 cm thick solid brick paid off.looking forward to use some real volume today.

Cliff - Is it safe to assume that, like the non-G3's amps, the drives that haven't been converted yet will still be affected by the new algorithm and sound different?

Yes, the Drive block has been completely rewritten. The non-G3'd drives are rough at this point. The point of the beta was to get the new G3 drive models into the public for evaluation. Many of the pedals were borrowed for the previous firmware so we are in the process of procuring the pedals that aren't G3'd yet.

Yes, the Drive block has been completely rewritten. The non-G3'd drives are rough at this point. The point of the beta was to get the new G3 drive models into the public for evaluation. Many of the pedals were borrowed for the previous firmware so we are in the process of procuring the pedals that aren't G3'd yet.

Thanks Cliff. That's good to know, as the difference I was hearing with my patch with the non G3'd "Full OD" was not exactly a favorable one. ;) I've rolled back to 18.12 and will wait for an official release that has the G3'd "Full OD".

...so we are in the process of procuring the pedals that aren't G3'd yet.

In what I hope is an appropriate time and place to mention this, can I buy you a Boss HM2 pedal? Or does the clip modification cover this now :)

Thanks for all you do for us :)

May be Placebo but i Always use a drive block.. It seemd like a GREAT upgrade to me.. More punsch and articulation.. Felt like i was a faster and tighter player over all. Love Firmware 19, at least initially.

Installed the 19B last night and really enjoyed the new OD sounds. Thanks a million cliff and FAS. you guys rock!

hmmmm..
i've finally experienced what some others have been describing: that the update stops abruptly because the axe fx went into update mode.
had a brief scare when i saw the error message on my laptop, but thank goodness restarting the process went on without a hitch.
never had that happened in my last 71 (yes, count them) updates since v6...

How long does it typically take for a beta to make it to production FW? Just curious as I got on board the AFX train at FW 18 and haven't gone through this before.

How long does it typically take for a beta to make it to production FW? Just curious as I got on board the AFX train at FW 18 and haven't gone through this before.

There really is no set time. It depends on the firmware, what changed, and what other new goodies get added before it goes non-beta.

So which Klon did you settle on - gold, silver, KTR? :)

Wanna borrow a Wambler Dual Fusion, Exotic AC Plus and Exotic RC to model? :encouragement:

All in mint condition and hardly used. :D

Wanna borrow a Wambler Dual Fusion, Exotic AC Plus and Exotic RC to model? :encouragement:

All in mint condition and hardly used. :D

Dude I literally had the words "Want to borrow my dual fusion" written yesterday, but decided against sending it. I LOVE the blue (paisley drive) side.. it's the only pedal I haven't gotten rid of since I got the Fractal, can't quite replicate it. Not the worst thing in the world of course.. but gee that'd be nice.

Back
Top Bottom