Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta

Sounds great here so far! :) Only had 30 minutes or so to play so I left the G3'd drive pedals for another day.

Thank You Cliff you are a legend in my own mind !!!!

He's a legend in mine too. I have to say growing up, I had my favorite guitarist who were legends to me and still are, but I never though a Company or a person behind a company that builds a guitar effects unit and other great things would be, and yet here we are and it's awesome haha. Only wish most other companies were half as good as Cliff is to us.

Is there something weird with the drive block levels? For example, I had to turn the 808 down below 1 to keep it from clipping. It also seems like some things like the FET are pushing super hard where before they were just adding a touch of breakup. Overall they sound great though.

"Of particular note is that the taper of the Drive and Level controls has changed in many of the models and may differ substantially from previous firmware"

the change to the amp block compressor is a lot of fun! not sure what the feedback mode is exactly, but it makes my trainwreck preset sound like something's about to go nuclear lol.

not sure if this is a bug though, I noticed that when adjusting the comp clarity, it takes quite a few turns of the knob before it changes the parameter value. I couldn't find a consistent pattern, but it took anywhere from 6 to 11 clicks on the knob before the value changed. no big deal just something i noticed and thought i'd mention just in case.

I can tell you it is punchier, my outs clip when doing a low end palm mute, adjusting levels helps, it's punchier in a good way though. Also the drive block I am using sounds better too.

"Of particular note is that the taper of the Drive and Level controls has changed in many of the models and may differ substantially from previous firmware"

Yeah, I saw that, but it just doesn't seem right that having the level set to 1 would be the same as it previously being on 6 or so.

hmm ok, didn't really get this ("Feedback" mode in the amp's output compressor) :shock
In feedback mode, when you put compression on the amp's output, you also apply dynamics (the opposite of compression) to the amp's input. You get compression with dynamics added. It's like getting the advantages of compression (more consistent level) without the drawbacks (less expressiveness).

It is a beta. An error could have crept in and mentioning it here could help FAS take a second look just to be sure and fix it if there is a problem. Don't be so threatend by someone else's experience!

i'm not threatened, lol...but time and time again, especially with new users, if the number is what they think it should be they freak out. use your ears, not your eyes. it's just good advice...

Does this have the Govan or Petrucci knob? You know... the button to help me suck less?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Cliff G3'd the 4 knob Tube Driver. How does it sound? I have a real one I bought when they first came out many years ago. You had to turn the Hi and Lo EQ knobs all the way off for it to be flat. That's the way Eric Johnson sets his. Turning up the Lo knob really added depth and punch. The Hi knob was too piercing. I didn't use it. Is there anyone here who has a real one who has compared it to the new version in the Axe FXII? I'm waiting for the official release.

Back
Top Bottom