Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #3

Just got back from a long day at the studio capturing IRs. Used 19.00b3 and everything sounded incredible. For each cab we selected an appropriate amp model so as to get the best IRs and all we did was set everything to default except Drive, MV and Level. Recto1 Org through the old Recto cab was insane. We used a ribbon mic with an Neve active DI into an API pre. Some of the best heavy tones I've ever heard in my life. It was so unique and heavy and clear that we were all saying that you could base an album off that one tone.

Then we used the 1959SLP model into the Lerxst cab and got some really cool classic rock tones. For the Dumble cab we used the Dumble and Carol-Ann models. Stellar.

Awesome!

don't touch the basketweave tv mix...or the basketweave green mix....leave those in. they rock.
+1!!!!!!!

Looking forward to this update. :encouragement:

I want to plug straight into the front of my tube amp to try the drive pedals. 8)

Take your time Fractal...take all the time you feel you need..:encouragement:

Just got back from a long day at the studio capturing IRs. Used 19.00b3 and everything sounded incredible. For each cab we selected an appropriate amp model so as to get the best IRs and all we did was set everything to default except Drive, MV and Level. Recto1 Org through the old Recto cab was insane. We used a ribbon mic with an Neve active DI into an API pre. Some of the best heavy tones I've ever heard in my life. It was so unique and heavy and clear that we were all saying that you could base an album off that one tone.

Then we used the 1959SLP model into the Lerxst cab and got some really cool classic rock tones. For the Dumble cab we used the Dumble and Carol-Ann models. Stellar.

Was the DI the Neve RNDI? Just picked one of these up about a month ago and it sounds stellar. Used it in conjunction with an Avalon 737sp, a Universal Audio 4 710d, a Warm Audio TB12, and a Blue Robbie thus far. Sounded great through every preamp we put it through. Very happy with that DI. :)

Probably gonna sound stupid here but is this the correct parameter to change the location of the EQ? and is mid the the most authentic for petrucci?

cLcEqjl.png

Probably gonna sound stupid here but is this the correct parameter to change the location of the EQ? and is mid the the most authentic for petrucci?

cLcEqjl.png

No, this is the tonestack location.

AE will display the EQ LOCATION parameter when the update for FW 19 is released.

Meanwhile use the front panel, go to the advanced page and change the EQ LOCATION to PRE p.a.

Thanks a lot! First time I've installed a beta firmware, didn't take into account AxeEdit would be behind til the full release.

Cheers Cliff everything sounds immense!

Fw 19 makes drive block seem useless. To me , Id really love how the amps dynamic responses,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom