Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #3

NICE!! Thanks, Cliff!!

I'm really excited about trying out this EQ for the Mesa...........not sure how much better they can sound though. :)

Thanks for the update

Is it "intentional" that the output volume is going up when I'm increasing the Motor Drive in the Cab block?

Just curious.

cliff "IS" a god, the godly, the godliest of all gods, A god. yeah, hes a god, a god I say, must be a god. A god has come and brought with him a firmware update. Its a update FROM GOD! thanks god / cliff. You truly are a god!

Thanks for the update

Is it "intentional" that the output volume is going up when I'm increasing the Motor Drive in the Cab block?

Just curious.
As you turn up the Motor Drive, you're getting more compression. If you bang hard on the strings, there's not much volume change as you vary MD.

As always, don't sweat it. Dial in your tone, then set your level where you want it.

Just got done playing around with the Mesa MKIV, and at first the new EQ seemed subtle, but when you run those highs like JP, then switch to the old EQ......difference is HUGE!
Really allows for more extreme settings without getting out of control, IMO.

Just got done playing around with the Mesa MKIV, and at first the new EQ seemed subtle, but when you run those highs like JP, then switch to the old EQ......difference is HUGE!
Really allows for more extreme settings without getting out of control, IMO.

Yeah I'm really loving the Pre P.A. setting for this on the Mark IV (currently USA Lead Brt). Seems to making turning up the 80hz slider on the 5 Band (Mark) EQ just sound awesome and over the top bassy rather than just flubby overload. Similarly for the other settings. Really nice Cliff!

Cliff - I know this is close to the release version (the only real difference being the cab IR's), but there are still several Drives that don't have "(G3)" next to their names. Can we assume these have yet to be converted, and if so, will any of them be for the release version?

Thanks.

I just checked out my Taylor through the Axe for the first time in over a year in preparation for an upcoming gig. I'm using a 10 band pre-EQ, tube pre, and a null cab block to let me use the cab block preamp models. I've finished the chain with the Rec Studio C reverb and the modern enhancer block. And it sounds Awesomesauce! I love that I can just unplug my electric, change to my acoustic preset and swap in the acoustic and I'm ready to go.

One day I'll try a live tone match, but honestly even without the tone match it sounds very nice.

Love the new pre-PA EQ option. You can really hear the difference between pre and post settings in the Mesa Mark series amps.

I feel like saying "thanks Fractal, best guitar equipment on the planet" for the thousandth time kind of makes the phrase lose its punch but hey... Thanks Fractal! Best guitar equipment on the planet.

I just checked out my Taylor through the Axe for the first time in over a year in preparation for an upcoming gig. I'm using a 10 band pre-EQ, tube pre, and a null cab block to let me use the cab block preamp models. I've finished the chain with the Rec Studio C reverb and the modern enhancer block. And it sounds Awesomesauce! I love that I can just unplug my electric, change to my acoustic preset and swap in the acoustic and I'm ready to go.

One day I'll try a live tone match, but honestly even without the tone match it sounds very nice.

I love this too.
I primarily play acoustic gigs with my Taylor < Axe and I am constantly blown away of how awesome my tones are.
Hellbat, your chain is very similar to mine.
Good stuff.

Cliff - I know this is close to the release version (the only real difference being the cab IR's), but there are still several Drives that don't have "(G3)" next to their names. Can we assume these have yet to be converted, and if so, will any of them be for the release version?

Thanks.

Translation: Is the Full OD going to be G3'd? Lol. I'm wondering the same thing.

Sent from Moto X

I love this too.
I primarily play acoustic gigs with my Taylor < Axe and I am constantly blown away of how awesome my tones are.
Hellbat, your chain is very similar to mine.
Good stuff.

Hi, I just got my first Taylor. What a work of art ... Can you share a preset that you use with yours?

Hi, I just got my first Taylor. What a work of art ... Can you share a preset that you use with yours?

Here is my preset...
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Acoustic Ninja - by HellBat

The Null cab can be found here...
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...802-where-can-i-find-null-ir.html#post1125708

My guitar is a 2012 414CE. I run the guitars bass and treble controls flat and have the volume maxed. This matches the input volume of my electrics wide open. I have treble added at almost every stage as I found it was a fairly dark tone when I started with it flat. If it's too bright for your guitar, start by flattening the 10 band pre-eq.

Scene 3 kicks in a chorus.

I can't wait till my Axe-FX and Axe-Edit agree with each other again. I haven't had time to dig into the front panel of the Axe with the beta's yet, but the release notes are calling my name, so I may have to make time.

Here is my preset...
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Acoustic Ninja - by HellBat

The Null cab can be found here...
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...802-where-can-i-find-null-ir.html#post1125708

My guitar is a 2012 414CE. I run the guitars bass and treble controls flat and have the volume maxed. This matches the input volume of my electrics wide open. I have treble added at almost every stage as I found it was a fairly dark tone when I started with it flat. If it's too bright for your guitar, start by flattening the 10 band pre-eq.

Scene 3 kicks in a chorus.

Awesome thanks man !!!!
I have the Taylor T5Z

Back
Top Bottom