Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #2

It's understandable... People will accuse you of claiming that the more fragile harmonics can survive in a solid state crystal lattice without being squashed; if you keep saying things like that.

Hah! Now that is funny, a blast from TGP past...

I upgraded from the low 18s... This is the finest my AxeFX has sounded, ever.

Amps I have never been interested in have come alive. My go to amps are even better than before. The drives sound great, I am really enjoying the Tape OD in front if the clean Shiver.

Anyway, thanks, if Cliff wants to talk about fragile harmonics and the crystal lattice I'll buy it!

It's understandable... People will accuse you of claiming that the more fragile harmonics can survive in a solid state crystal lattice without being squashed; if you keep saying things like that.
haha - I was just re-watching the video of him saying that yesterday. Awesome.
Anyway, just thinking about that for a second - computers have signals in the Ghz region that survive the perils of crystal lattices perfectly well, so some audio harmonics in the mere KHz range should have no trouble at all :)

I like to think so but I'm afraid to imply things like this now. The power tube calculations now use a very high-order polynomial which gets all the subtle perturbations in the curves. This gives you complex harmonics that change with amplitude. Net result is more warmth and punch and accurate edge-of-breakup response.

Ahhh please continue to imply these things...I'm always interested (and I'm sure many others are) in having improvements documented, their details, and the expected sonic results.

I upgraded from the low 18s... This is the finest my AxeFX has sounded, ever.

I also upgraded from 18.12 -> 19b2 and would agree that it sounds better then ever...I'm liking my mildly overdriven Marshall 1987x preset in v19 better then I had it in v18. Haven't had a chance to really explore v19 but am already finding it's sounding better to my ears with the amps/setups I use (mainly lots of master volume, low/medium gain). I work the guitar volume control and use a lot of picking variation to bring out distortion textures on an amp that's right on 'the edge'...I like being able to set the amp up that way and push/pull it to clean it up or get more dirt from it. You hear a lot of variations in the distortion quality and harmonics when you're playing dynamically with the edge of breakup threshold and going on either side of it. It's just crazy fun...

I think that these subtleties in the power amp accuracy improvements and feel may not be as apparent on presets with gobs of gain (especially preamp gain), low overall volume settings (bedroom/headphones), and/or lower-ish master volume setting where the PA isn't being punished and sending the power supply into shock and driving the amps ecosytem into disarray until it can recover....that's the magic right there.

I come here just to feel smarter. I am so smart! S-M-R-T!!!

Usually, after Cliff explains stuff, I feel a hell of a lot dumber. However, after I figure out what he means in terms I can actually understand, I sound smarter to anyone I try to explain it too! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting for official 19 release...but the temptation for installing 19b2 is lurking :D should I give up to it...
I don't understand why anyone would wait unless you are gigging every night and relying on precise sounds. I always go for it right away as I figure I'm usually getting a better sound than before with more update to other useful goodies (like the drives). Updating is pain free as long as you backup, there isn't much to loose.

Go for it!

Yep, gonna pull the trigger and try this out. I've been waiting as well, but this has me itching to try all the new bells and whistles out.

Yeah I think I should go for it, The are 2 reasons for my hesitation though...I always have a phobia of bricking the EPROM during the update, Since I live in Iran getting a rescue EPROM would not be as easy as for you guys, and 2nd part is the Axe Edit support. But I think I will go for it tonight :D

Thank you, bleeding edge people. I'll wait for official and axe edit, and share vicariously in your fun...

It's been quite some time since an update changed my patches for the worse requiring retweaking to gig with it ! maybe a bit of volume change on some presets now and then, but generally I could just gig with it without doing anything and it will usually sound better or just as good ! Especially this last 19.00b2 ! everything just sounds better, great tone! With or without drive blocks , leads cut through the way I've allways wanted them too! Rythms sit better too with less volume!
I've never been more pleased with my tone ,than the results I'm getting now!!

It's been quite some time since an update changed my patches for the worse requiring retweaking to gig with it ! maybe a bit of volume change on some presets now and then, but generally I could just gig with it without doing anything and it will usually sound better or just as good ! Especially this last 19.00b2 ! everything just sounds better, great tone! With or without drive blocks , leads cut through the way I've allways wanted them too! Rythms sit better too with less volume!
I've never been more pleased with my tone ,than the results I'm getting now!!

Did you reset the amp block or just update FW and go?

Did you reset the amp block or just update FW and go?

I installed 19.00b 2 and went to rehearsal without doing anything , amps sounded better , drives especially did! Loved it ! But when I get time I allways reset the Amp , Cab and Drive blocks ,sometimes there isn't really any noticeable difference , but usually I hear or feel a little improvement , I did with this update, ! It's even better after resetting !!

ok! Pulled the plug on 19b2. off to some playing folks!
Arrgh! Am I the only one still holding out?

dedc3fc7bacdd326a67adecfb3a94db6.jpg

Arrgh! Am I the only one still holding out?

I'm waiting... I just got my Axe right before the 19b1 came out and so I'm still having fun just jamming with the included presets (I guess it came with FW18?), so I haven't gotten sucked into the bleeding edge update cycle (yet...;))

Back
Top Bottom