Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #2

Just updated the 19 beta 2. No Problem, works here with Edit (Windows 8.1).

And it sounds better than the beta1!

Now there´s no gap in the mids, it´s again a rich, full Sound, more clear.

:eagerness:

Just updated the 19 beta 2. No Problem, works here with Edit (Windows 8.1).

And it sounds better than the beta1!

Now there´s no gap in the mids, it´s again a rich, full Sound, more clear.

:eagerness:

Arrgh! You guys are killing. me. :) I'll need to update soon.

Just tracked for a few hours with beta 2.

I didn't upgrade when beta 1 was released, so this was my first exposure to the new firmware.

Wow, it sounds amazing. I haven't used drive pedals in a very long time, because there is so much control in the amp block itself, but I found myself using and liking the drive block today for tone shaping. It was really refreshing and clear.

Thanks for sharing beta with us.

haha, i still have version 1.02 on my axe for that test... haven't played it since then and now i'm going straight to 19 beta 2. awesome :)

I updated to beta 1 not really expecting much of a difference as I don't really use drives that much. I was quite surprised as the amps on there own seem more chunky, tighter and seem to pop out of the speakers more. They just sound and feel great but looking at the release notes the only thing that jumps out is the compressor changes, could they have had such an effect on the amp block, does the change even alter the compression in amp block? No idea but I love it!

Then I started to mess with the drives and they are simply outstanding, I grabbed a plexi model and the octave fuzz pedal, neck pickup and just smashed out some hendrix type lead, sounded spot on.

Really liking this and I don't even really know why, could just be in my mind I guess :)

Either way, thanks for the great update and letting us play with the betas!!!

It's nearly release quality. I have a few more drives and a couple amps to G3 but otherwise it's done.

Thanks for the update Cliff, been watching everyone's reaction in anticipation for the final, sounds like the drive pedals will be amazing and since I use them often this is great news.

Eprom ordered! I'll probably pop my Axe-FX out of the rack today, to at least make me feel like I'm doing something. I've never looked inside of my Axe, I've only seen pictures, so this is exciting.

Some advice: Anti-static mat/strap.

Or make sure that you're always touching the grounded chassis.

Loaded 19 Beta 2 yesterday afternoon and reset amp and drive blocks on my gig patches ( use a couple fenders, plexi 50 &100, BE , afd 2, AC30 , JCM 800, Herbie 3 . Drives for leads ( mostly T808 )took it to rehearsal last night , Oh my gawsh it totally rawks , better yet than beta 1 !!! I'd say for the first time I'm Pretty much totally stoked about all my patches ! Don't get me wrong I've loved them all along ,but last night I didn't have any " That sounds really good ,but i'll work on it a little more tomorrow moments" instead kept thinking "Damn that sounds good", really wasn't anything I wasn't completely happy with !!!!

Back
Top Bottom