Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.12 Released

...the whole "XL-only" thread looked like a test how people would react if there is no longer development for the older devices.
No need to test that. It has been known for years, ever since the Axe II was released.

...not really cool from a marketing perspective view.
It wasn't a marketing ploy. Cliff had some cool stuff, and he released to the public the beta he had available, with the understanding that it was a work in progress, as all betas are.

...But who cares?
The beta finally is available to all versions within 24 more hours......
Exactly. :)

Why all the conspiracy theories about dropping the Mark I & II support?

There's no evidence to suggest that anywhere. In fact there's plenty of evidence to suggest the opposite. Number one, Cliff himself has said otherwise, many, many times. Number two, from a development standpoint, there's no good reason to, since the firmware for the Mark's and the XL's are basically the same, save some very minor differences, as stated by Cliff. Number three, three, from the introduction of the Ultra, both the Standard, and Ultra had parallel development and ending cycles.

So what makes anyone think that Cliff would change that now?

Why all the conspiracy theories about dropping the Mark I & II support?

There's no evidence to suggest that anywhere. In fact there's plenty of evidence to suggest the opposite. Number one, Cliff himself has said otherwise, many, many times. Number two, from a development standpoint, there's no good reason to, since the firmware for the Mark's and the XL's are basically the same, save some very minor differences, as stated by Cliff. Number three, three, from the introduction of the Ultra, both the Standard, and Ultra had parallel development and ending cycles.

So what makes anyone think that Cliff would change that now?

all stems back on the Ultra to II update, came out of nowhere, and freaked everyone out.

still on Fw18.00beta since I got no time to play the thingy atm.

...but, the whole "XL-only" thread looked like a test how people would react if there is no longer development for the older devices. The so called whiners are also customers. IMO - not really cool from a marketing perspective view. But who cares?
The beta finally is available to all versions within 24 more hours......

cheers
P

Really? Or maybe a better explanation is that I dropped a screwdriver into the power supply on my Mark II and blew it up and had no way to test the build. Nah, it's easier to come up with conspiracy theories and accuse the company of nefarious motives.

Frankly your attitude here lately is unwelcome. I suggest you take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself if you like what you see.

Douchebaggery abounds on the forum lately. Thank god for the IGNORE function- my list has been growing steadily and my "forum happy factor" grows right along with it. :)

Thanks once again for all you do, Cliff.

Agreed.

I just don't get it.

We users are treated to uncompromising integrity, exceptional world-class quality and direct communication with the inventor.

And people bitch ?

Its embarrassing to the rest of us and makes me literally say "what the fuck ?!" every time it happens.

I still think that the Axe is a very cheap piece of investment considering what it gives in terms of versatility and sound.
I know a lot of young guys without much money that would feel great bying a sec. hand mark I or II even if they had to stop being able to use future upgrades.
From my POV the last updates just gives them endless sonically possibilities.
I would be (and are considering) happy to sell my Axe II to some guy who only dream about owning one - and pay the difference for a XL.
Biut, that's only because I can - fortunately.
Win-win.
Myself I have been whining once on this board for the incompatibility between the II and XL around sharing presets. But I came to my senses, especially when I forced myself to build my own and made the big jump into "start-from-scratch" land.
Thanks Cliff and all around you.

Man, the entitlement is startling. You actually had to wait a day or so to get Beta firmware for new features shortly after an amazing release of firmware came out that most folks are just getting around to loading.

What's next after that? I can't even imagine.

Really? Or maybe a better explanation is that I dropped a screwdriver into the power supply on my Mark II and blew it up and had no way to test the build.

Damn, sorry to hear that! Opening the chassis and drop by accident a screwdriver in? puhhh, i´m not sure, if this will be covered by the warranty of the manufacture .... hopefully you get fixed it on your own .... :?

I'm hunting for the Cannon block Easter Egg that a conspiracy theorist told me is in 18.12 in commemoration of the 1812 Overture....

I love v18; weirdly enough I can't decide between the Badger 30 and the 1987x for my main crunch sound now...

A friend was in town recently and we tried his Stranberg Boden thru the AFX/G3/v18 and we were both pretty impressed how the active EMG's on it sounded with the several amps/cabs we tried and the diverse range of tones we were able to pull from the Boden. I usually find EMG's kinda one trick ponies but the Boden could cover a lot of ground, especially with the AFX....very cool. He was very impressed at how the low end on the AFX didn't fall apart with the 7-string and gain-ier amps.

I have 100% blind faith for this company.

Service called today they fixed the mfc 101
I purchased the silver controller and a hat
to show my support. Looking forward too
getting the new controller and the mfc back
in place here ..

Thanks Fas Team for 19 as well.
Ive been playing it all day long sounds great.

Last edited:
Well, I look at it this way . Live every day as if it is your last , because it very well could be ! Why not just enjoy what we have and be thankful there is a Cliff Chase that had an epiphany call an Ax Fx , and is driven to improve it on a daily basis ,""!!! FOR FREE!!"" Where else does any one get this in the current market ?? I don't !!Lighten up people on the fear and loathing !! I remember buying $1500 to $2000 pieces of gear (quite frankly still do anywhere ,but FAS) and finding before I even get it learned a newer better version is out for only a little more than I paid for the last !! There one thing missing though ""FREE"" update !! Enjoy it and leave off the crap!! There's a bug section and a wish list IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom