Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.12 Released

I keep getting this, when trying to update the FW.
Just downloaded the latest bot.
What to do?

"An error has occurred during file transmission. This may have happened because you manually put the Axe-Fx II into firmware update mode which is not necessary for the version of the firmware that is currently installed.

Please try again."

K

Often times, errors occur on the Axe FX, if you still have any midi devices attached to it - in or out. Unplug or turn off any midi devices attached to the device, and then try again. If you get an error on your computer, I would turn off the Axe FX and wait 5-8 seconds, and turn it on again, before I tried another attempt at a file transfer of any kind. It is, after all, a computerized device, and sometimes needs to reboot and start over.

Authenticity means you need to educate yourself about amplifiers and how they work to understand the advanced settings.

Authenticity also means you can ignore the advanced settings and get killer authentic tones.

It also means the models are going to vary widely in behavior (and necessarily response to controls) just like real amps. So, you will want to learn the quirks of your fave models just like you would your fave amp. Wiki is a huge help here, again.

Often times, errors occur on the Axe FX, if you still have any midi devices attached to it - in or out. Unplug or turn off any midi devices attached to the device, and then try again. If you get an error on your computer, I would turn off the Axe FX and wait 5-8 seconds, and turn it on again, before I tried another attempt at a file transfer of any kind. It is, after all, a computerized device, and sometimes needs to reboot and start over.

Tnx. Yeah, strange...I just tried 10 times, and then it was okay :fatigue::)

I keep getting this, when trying to update the FW.
Just downloaded the latest bot.
What to do?

"An error has occurred during file transmission. This may have happened because you manually put the Axe-Fx II into firmware update mode which is not necessary for the version of the firmware that is currently installed.

Please try again."

K

This happened to me last firmware update also... I just tried it again and all was well.

I haven't upgraded to 18.12 yet because to be honest, I've just been so busy playing I didn't feel like tweaking right now. I'm on firmware 18.07 still and have just been enjoying the hell out of it.

On a different note, I spent quite some time with some old Fender models, like Bandmaster, Princetone etc....

Man, those are fun. Great cleans and crunch. Very dynamic, the real thing basically. And tomorrow, I might spend some time with Marshalls and Voxes again. My amp gas is gone. When is the first FAS guitar coming :D ?

Does anyone know if Cliff took down FW 19.00 Beta for some reason other than people complaining that the II didn't get a version. Just wanted to make sure since I uploaded it my XL. Everything sounds great (As usual) so I assume that was his reasoning, I'd get sick of it pretty quick too if I was working on my weekends and providing update and people actually complained...

Does anyone know if Cliff took down FW 19.00 Beta for some reason other than people complaining that the II didn't get a version. Just wanted to make sure since I uploaded it my XL. Everything sounds great (As usual) so I assume that was his reasoning, I'd get sick of it pretty quick too if I was working on my weekends and providing update and people actually complained...

I'm waiting on response from the beta team on the Mark I/II build. As soon as they give the go-ahead I will be releasing the beta for all versions.

Wondering the same ? Saw it was up , got home to download and it was gone ??

Yup. Downloaded and installed mine when I saw all the bitching begin to fester, thinking... At any rate the new, "variable" drive type parameter totally smokes! :D

C.C.. I loved your previous post before editing it.. that was f@#king funny! :lol ... "taking your toys away"..:lol

Last edited:
Glad I down loaded mine already. I'm not really planning on installing it though, I usually wait for the full release with axe edit compatibility.

FYI, Many of us with Axe FX II appreciate your efforts - including the early release for our friends with XL models. I knew it was (the VII beta) coming soon, and thought you just wanted to start getting early feedback. Don't let the turkeys get you down :)

Pauly

I'm waiting on response from the beta team on the Mark I/II build. As soon as they give the go-ahead I will be releasing the beta for all versions.

Cliff, did you G3 any more of the amps? I'm really looking forward to playing the Fryette deliverance, and Engl Powerball.
Just read fw 19 coming .....hope for these amps! :)

Last edited:
I was reading the 19 BETA thread not an hour ago and just turned the PC on install it... GONE. Ass wipe whingers spoiled it.

Not to worry. I'm off to Bologna Italy for the week. Just wanted to take FW19 for a spin before going to the airport.

The bitches and whiners are why we can't have nice things. I have a Mark 1, and I also have some patience. We will all get access to the beta in time.

I'm sorry the FAS crew gets so little respect for their efforts. I get the same treatment in my job, so I know how much it sucks to be surrounded by those who would have noting if it weren't for your efforts. So to the FAS team - keep up the phenomenal work. I can't thank you enough!

A semi- or completely anonymous internet forum will always be riddled with whining and bitching. Such posts are quite easy to ignore, to maintain focus on the really helpful contributions on this forum; of which there are plenty. I am sure the beta or released 19 will be available shortly, to all versions. Personally I haven´t yet fully adjusted my Axe to 18.12 - even so, I am delighted and really look forward to 19. Rock on, FAS!

Man, I didn't see much of the beta thread, and I'm pretty glad I missed it. I'm a more-than-happy II user that is glad to wait as long as it takes. I've already been blown away by the amount of support the Axe has received and will continue to be happy for whatever updates they send our way, whenever they send them.

still on Fw18.00beta since I got no time to play the thingy atm.

...but, the whole "XL-only" thread looked like a test how people would react if there is no longer development for the older devices. The so called whiners are also customers. IMO - not really cool from a marketing perspective view. But who cares?
The beta finally is available to all versions within 24 more hours......

cheers
P

Back
Top Bottom