Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.12 Released

Recorded a bit of a patch with the Blankenship Leeds pre and post firmware update. Noticeable difference in clarity and a "richer" sound, if that makes any sense. Thanks Cliff & FAS! You made a great amp even better.

Quick thanks to Cliff and FAS for the continued improvements and efforts to make users happy.. I am.

RE: Blankenship Leeds.........Dare I Say It.......? .....HOLY SHITBALLS!!! THAT IS NOW ONE SWWEEET AMP

If your into the overdrive sound of the Klon, you can achieve the same thing with the TS808 and setting the mix to 50% or there abouts. I'll do some experimenting and start a new thread. It's not magic. The four letters in the name don't make it sound like it does. It's just a circuit and not terribly difficult to get the same result in other ways....but it wont have those four magic letters.....

Last edited:
If your into the overdrive sound of the Klon, you can achieve the same thing with the TS808 and setting the mix to 50% or there abouts. I'll do some experimenting and start a new thread. It's not magic. The four letters in the name dont make it sound like it does. It's just a circuit and not terrible difficult to get the same result in other ways....but it wont have those four magic letters.....

I rather enjoyed the PEQ settings you posted too ! I found that they shaped the signal in a way that complemented almost anything I put it in front of ....

Oh BTW ..., I saved the PEQ block in my library and I labled it "The KLON" ....;)

I rather enjoyed the PEQ settings you posted too ! I found that they shaped the signal in a way that complemented almost anything I put it in front of ....

Oh BTW ..., I saved the PEQ block in my library and I labled it "The KLON" ....;)
My guess is it only works because you labeled it "The KLON" those four mystical letters ;)

btw, shhhh on those PEQ settings, before you know it people will be selling them on ebay as the "original PEQ silver" settings for thousands of dollars and I'll have to come out and say "kindly remember: the ridiculous hype that offends so many is not of my making." just so I can sell another color of PEQ settings that do the exact same thing, only to have people claim the original PEQ settings sound better, more mystical ;)

tongue placed firmly in cheek

Back
Top Bottom