Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.11 Released

Wait, What?
I'm A noob with the Axe and I thought the cabs were/are IR's. I just change cabs in a preset until I find one the I think sounds best. Are IR's separate from cabs? Sorry, I'm a little confused.:?

This whole thread is a mess.

Yet another reason to stop with all these minor firmware tweak releases. Just wait until something is fully ready to go before releasing it.

I've been a user since the early days and all anybody complained about was getting a stable version of Axe Edit.

Yet another reason to stop with all these minor firmware tweak releases. Just wait until something is fully ready to go before releasing it.

I've been a user since the early days and all anybody complained about was getting a stable version of Axe Edit.

That's not how the software development industry is going. Most people have turned to fast, agile development with quick and incremental releases (even at the mercy of failure) that allow for people to understand misdirection and issues earlier in a timeline:
Scrum (software development) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This hinges upon the concept that you never really understand requirements completely until something is in their hands, so collecting requirement all up front and thoroughly addressing all of it usually leads to development waste by heading in the wrong direction too far before getting feedback.

I must have missed something. Where does it say that a user must update the firmware? I wonder if people contact Microsoft and tell them to stop updating Windows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a novel concept.... stop updating and improving the product so we can reduce the amount of forum traffic ?

Works well for Line6, the place is a ghost town, due in a large part because they haven't updated their modeling is ages.

... cliff has designed a solution to quite a tedious task in loading presets that are bundled with custom IR's, no more searching and loading. now its one click and away you go. - I personally feel this is a extremely valuable update for myself, the community and for the new and upcoming users. - we should be pleased and endorse his hard work on this matter.

Thankyou.

^ this! Thank you Cliff!!!

dont upgrade. most enjoy and look forward to each release.

I agree , where is this outlook of stopping progress because of not wanting to deal with it coming from ? Accountability is up to the individual ( don't update , it's up to you !) not the developers !!

I think Preset + User IR is a great idea with big implications.

Now please find a way to convert XL to non XL presets and I'll really be impressed :)

Wow, I miss a few days, and we go from 18.08 to 18.11. Cool

Also, amazingly, my Axe-FX didn't blow up, or stop working, or anything because I didn't instantly update.

Stop complaining, if you want to wait for new features till a major update, then have at it, it's totally OK to do so.

Back
Top Bottom