Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.11 Released

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This release supports a new preset dump format known as “Preset + User Cab”. This format dumps the preset plus any User Cab IRs used in the preset as a single file. This facilitates sharing presets that use User Cabs. For more information see the Axe-Edit help.

Fixed power amp modeling not being disabled if desired.

Fixed Citrus Bass 200 amp model producing clicking sound.

So how will this user cab export work with regards to commercial IR libraries and copyright ?

If someone makes a user preset, and happens to use an IR, from lets say CabPack 7, that IR would get exported along with the preset and then whoever loads the preset would also get that IR, right ?

Obviously there is a bit of an "honor system" already with IR's, as people could share them if they wanted to, but now it kind of seems this could create a bit more of an issue.....

So how will this user cab export work with regards to commercial IR libraries and copyright ?

If someone makes a user preset, and happens to use an IR, from lets say CabPack 7, that IR would get exported along with the preset and then whoever loads the preset would also get that IR, right ?

Obviously there is a bit of an "honor system" already with IR's, as people could share them if they wanted to, but now it kind of seems this could create a bit more of an issue.....

Would love o hear feedback from Cliff and team on this. I am wondering if now Fremen's presets can now incorporate all the actual IR's instead of leaving some out and us having to place the IR's in specific spots... this could be really cool. i am just wondering what the case will be with purchased IR's.

Could be a problem. For personal backups, this is an awesome feature, no doubt. But i would not wonder, if we`ll see in the next weeks to much posts like "oohps, ... i shared by accident the "include IR"-Preset... please don`t use it, because of license agreements...".

We´ll see...

i can't figure out how to make the Preset+Cab Dump work. i tried it from the Front Panel, dumping to USB then to SysEx Librarian, since Bot doesn't seem to have an option to receive a Front Panel dump.

i got a 6.3kB file. the preset used an Amp and Cab with User slot 30 and a commercial IR. i blanked the preset, moved the cab from 30 to 60 just to free up the spot. when i reloaded the preset, it initially changed to "Galaxy Formation" while it loaded, but then the preset i saved popped up, yet the Cab block was empty at User 30.

the release notes say to reference "Axe-Edit help" but i'm not sure where or what that is. are there features coming to a new version of Axe-Edit or similar?

new Axe-Fx feature = new Axe-Edit to support it, i assume...

i'd typically guess that, but the current Axe release notes say to refer to Axe-Edit Help, and i don't know what that is haha!

regardless of an Axe-Edit update, i'm not sure how to make it work using the Front Panel either and the only instruction is to reference Axe-Edit Help. so i'm stuck :)

This release supports a new preset dump format known as “Preset + User Cab”.

That description would suggest that the new dump format is supported, but it does not indicate that there are any tools included in this release to actually use this format. I'm guessing this could be a forthcoming Axe-Edit-only feature.

As I stated on FB fractal page ... Strange feature ... If I have a particular ir saved within the patch but in the meanti e between reloading it I have changed user ir in that slot ( I assume the patch is saved with his Ir in a certain/ same user slot reference ) , the saved ir will overwrite the "current " ir of that slot ??

Thinking about that feature and it still cloudy ...
I figure a good use if my user slots are empty ! But they are not !

Waiting for enlightening [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom