Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.08 Released

Never really been a fan of the Mesa or rectifiers in general to be honest. AC30's and Plexi's are like the best things ever created by man if you ask me.

But it took me literally 2 minutes to dial in a patch that I just couldn't believe what I was hearing and feeling. It just sings.

All I did was load up the chocolate IR from cab pack 7 and the IIC+ Bright/Deep and lower the overdrive and input gain a bit. Stupid, stupid, stupid good stuff.

+1, the RV50 is my go to, as with my tube amp rig, been playing that amp for nearly 10 years, was sadly disappointed with the amp after the G3 update, but so many more that kept me entertained, some that I thought might even replace my trusty orange flavoured tones...until this latest update..back in full force, the attack sustain and dynamics of the real amp are right there with a few tweaks. amazing work!

although I have been enjoying the Ruby Rocket and the Dirty Shirley quite a lot lately...

Never mind on that presence knob thing, I think my ears were just shot that night. It sounded crappy last night, I saved it anyway and the next day sounded killer! Amazing what ear fatigue can do lol

Never mind on that presence knob thing, I think my ears were just shot that night. It sounded crappy last night, I saved it anyway and the next day sounded killer! Amazing what ear fatigue can do lol
sometimes it's the other way for me.
like i'd dialed in what i thought was a good tone one day and the next day it won't sound that great.

by the way i am still struggling to get a likable tone from the IIc+ without having to engage the fat and bright switches.
i downloaded a couple of patch from the axe exchange from rich5150 and thought they sounded great, although he also had both switches on and his saturation switch was set to ideal with a sat level of 4.
i am just curious as to how those of you who did managed.

The IIc+ models sound fantastic! I like the bright/deep model most but they all sound great (I haven't even bothered the GEQ yet). I'm having no issue dialing these models in for tones that appeal to me. I do remember my IIc+ (roughly 3 decades back) being more difficult to get dialed in. Then again I hadn't been playing near as long and I'd been used to less complex amps (ex: Fender Super Reverb).

by the way i am still struggling to get a likable tone from the IIc+ without having to engage the fat and bright switch

I turn on all 4, bright, fat, cut, and gain, gotta get that grind going!

The way firmware has been rolling out from FAS, I thought by this weekend we would be at the legal drinking age of firmware 21.

The way firmware has been rolling out from FAS, I thought by this weekend we would be at the legal drinking age of firmware 21.

Having to be 21 to have a beer is mad :)
18 over here. If you are old enough to sign up to any of the armed forces and get a bullet through your brain, or get married, or legally have children..... Then, I think you may be old enough to handle a beer :)
Was just in the states for my 50th Birthday. My oldest son was with us. He had his 19th Birthday while we were out there and could not have a beer. Felt really sorry for him :)

Do you mean that it can be an error during installation of the firmware? I did it twice, may be try to install an update again?

I've installed it twice but some parameters have still not followed through to the new Firmware. It may be because I jumped from 15 to 18. It's annoying, but worse things happen at sea! :)

really?
then i'm stumped. i can't seem to get that higher gain chug without them on.
guess i'll download one of the shared patches to see what i'm doing wrong...

I dialed in the same tone. Really nice! :) I did chance a couple of things to suit me and my guitar though, this may help if you want high gain chugs:

Dynamic Depth - 7.17

Input Trim 2.811

I leveled out the Graphic EQ too, not a huge fan of scooped sounds.

Back
Top Bottom