Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.08 Released

Thank you FAS!

Checking out the MKIIC+ right now. RESERVING JUDGEMENT until I've had lots of time with this amp.

Last edited:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked. That's answers the question of whether to work out or do my homework tonight. Thanks Cliff!

Just curious Cliff if the, "long" and "short" plate voicing's in this update are the same as from v.18.07?

Thanks for the update!

Well I was going to bed. Looks like I'm going to have to play with the Citrus for awhile! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

The Herbie is back! To me it was a tad flubby in the low end the past few firmwares. Its rockin' now!
Anyone have big volume loss at first trying 18.08 out? I did but now after playing around with it, the volume is back. I did switch from one of my VHT 2/90/2's to my other 2/90/2, maybe a volume difference there.
Thanks Cliff! Sounds great!

Last edited:
Adding a mic in the cab block can help with flub (just like the "real thing"), and there are loads of other ways in the Axe FX.

I'm really looking forward to just being able to play again...

Thanks Cliff! I'm looking forward to giving the IIc+ a go. I haven't played through once since the late 80's.

There are now four Preamp Tube Types....

• Modern: An idealized 12AX7 model. This is the same model from
version 18.04 firmware. This model is useful for high gain tones
that can benefit from the increased clarity and string separation.

Cliff, thank you so much for bringing back the original Modern 12AX7 model from the 18.04 firmware. I never liked the "similar" model that replaced it in the 18.06 firmware as much. The Modern just seems to have more of a growl and punch to it, plus more gain. It's definitely the best of the four for high gain (imho). Please leave it in this time.

Also, of course, thank you for the new Mark IIc+ models. :)

Back
Top Bottom