Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.07 Released

Right, I'm hoping the next FW will be called something like "18.08-IIc+". :razz

I just finished G3'ing the IIC+. There are four models for it:
USA IIC+: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep off.
USA IIC+ Bright: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep off.
USA IIC+ Deep: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep on.
USA IIC+ Brt/Dp: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep on.

The Pull Shift on the Treble knob is the same thing as the Fat switch and the Pull Bright on the Volume knob is the same thing as the Bright switch. I didn't do any models with the Pull Shift on the Bass knob because it doesn't sound good, there's already too much low end going in the front and the Pull Shift just adds more. It probably sounds good on the clean channel but the clean channel is basically the same as a Mark IV so I didn't see the point.

Nice to hear that there is finally that Deep Switch in IIC+ model.

The Pull Shift on the Treble knob is the same thing as the Fat switch and the Pull Bright on the Volume knob is the same thing as the Bright switch. I didn't do any models with the Pull Shift on the Bass knob because it doesn't sound good, there's already too much low end going in the front and the Pull Shift just adds more. It probably sounds good on the clean channel but the clean channel is basically the same as a Mark IV so I didn't see the point.

Oh Hell yes - Thanks Cliff!!!! :) I just jizzed in my pants a little (nah, I'm kidding.......................it was a lot). :mrgreen

Thanks thanks thanks !!

Hey Cliff , do you like the result ?

Cool. Thank you very very much for this Cliff.

1 /I assume these fours amp blocks model the IIC+ in lead mode, right ?

2/ So Cliff, you didn't modeled the rythm mode of the IIC+ but if I would like to use an amp block that is close to the IIC+ rythm mode, what amp block would you advise ?

Last edited:
Cliff is right about the Bass knob's Pull Shift control not sounding good. I used to have a Mark IIB, which also had one of these switches. Pulling it only increased the bass going into the preamp and so only really added a weird, muddy flubbiness to the sound. I can't imagine the IIC+'s Bass Pull Shift control being any different.

I finally had time to update from v18.04b to v18.07 tonight. 18.07 is darker and a little less bouncy, but after a few tweaks all seems good.

Back
Top Bottom