Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.07 Released

Here it is from a Scott Peterson Thread in the Recording section....

Administrator
FractalAudio's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2008
Instead of the PEQ you can just turn the Bass knob down in the Amp block. In a Plexi your distortion is primarily from the power amp so the tone controls are essentially pre-distortion.

My settings for a "typical" Plexi tone are Bass: 2, Mid: 8, Treble 7.5. Adjust Presence to taste.
sandmannn69, Randy4Guitars, Azael and 3 others like this.
The Ultra-res IR's are no joke. 13 knocked my dick right out of my hand. Thanks Guys!

Really nice tone BB
Thats typically the tone I have now with the same settings with my guitar, a LP with Kamel Chenaouy and BK pickups.
Really love the SLPs tones with the stock Ures 60 & 61

I'm kind of worried about upgrading to fw18. The Ruby Rocket (i think that is what it's called) preset is just the perfect Strat sound for me. I think I just changed the drive pedal type from the factory preset. I'm worried every amp may sound better, but the one dialled in sound I like the most I may not be able to get again.

I finally got a good chance over the weekend to give 18.07 a good run and i have to say I think there is a substancial difference for the better with UR.

the low end feels better and easier to work with .

It never surprises me to see overly defensive people become offended by people who lack tact and diplomacy. Semantics should be banned on this forum. We're mostly grown men on here, yet a a minor few drag a good proportion into arbitrary pissing contests about context, wording and implied tone. Get a grip and be civil or leave the forum. I'm sick to death of it.

It really is a shame because every single person on this forum would probably get along great in person. Some folks just struggle when typing in a post or email. I had a friend that always seemed mad when he sent me an email. Turns out he just couldn't type with any sort of emotion. :)

It really is a shame because every single person on this forum would probably get along great in person. Some folks just struggle when typing in a post or email. I had a friend that always seemed mad when he sent me an email. Turns out he just couldn't type with any sort of emotion. :)

Having dyslexia makes that a huge issue for me, glad you know a person like that yourself and of course there are many like that. That is why I make it clear in my sig, so most reasonable people get it, the ones who don't well then they're just bleeps" and so forth but yeah your friend might have that issue and not know it:) In person though I can get my point across much easier and smoother haha.

Just installed, seems clearer to my ear, little less gain maybe on my main amp. I didn't experience more bass, just clearer. Still need to put through paces. One patch was crackling (cpu limit) which was not before the update (used last night live as well), so somethings using more cpu.

Just installed, seems clearer to my ear, little less gain maybe on my main amp. I didn't experience more bass, just clearer. Still need to put through paces. One patch was crackling (cpu limit) which was not before the update (used last night live as well), so somethings using more cpu.

Did you put a UR cab in it?

Clearer, yes, that's my impression too. I wouldn't call it more or less bass, it's more like different sounding lows, better dynamics there.

I have to agree, the bass end sounds clearer, but not really louder. If anything I had to lower my mids on a few patches. I guess I boosted the mids to compensate for the bass definition I was missing. Who knows, the ear is a weird thing. In the end I'm getting the same tone as before, it's just more a bit more full sounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here it is from a Scott Peterson Thread in the Recording section....

Administrator
FractalAudio's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2008
Instead of the PEQ you can just turn the Bass knob down in the Amp block. In a Plexi your distortion is primarily from the power amp so the tone controls are essentially pre-distortion.

My settings for a "typical" Plexi tone are Bass: 2, Mid: 8, Treble 7.5. Adjust Presence to taste.
sandmannn69, Randy4Guitars, Azael and 3 others like this.
The Ultra-res IR's are no joke. 13 knocked my dick right out of my hand. Thanks Guys!

Thank You!

thanks for the continued support. Only having owned one tube amp I don't really know what you are doing, what I know is that the sound I get from the axe-fx is inspiration and gives me endless hours of fun, the axe-fx is part of my life now. I really don't know if I can be mentally stable withouth it

Back
Top Bottom