Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.06 Released

here are my notes on 18.06. i plan to have an updated list of G3'd amps, as well as a complete list in general, as several models have been added recently.

Firmware 18.06 Released - Axe-Fx II | AxeFxTutorials.com

Edit - I just finished a comprehensive list of all current Amp Models in a full list of G3'd vs Non-G3'd in one list, then 2 separate lists of Non vs G3'd. I'll keep the list updated as best as i can.

215 amps total!! 166 G3'd!!! Only 49 to go :) That's amazing work, FAS!

List of G3'd Amps | AxeFxTutorials.com

Hey Chris, can you do a quick TUT on getting phaser/flanger blocks to always start at the same place each time when engaged? I can't get my head around it, i've read the updated WIKI and tweaked “LFO Bypass Reset”, i'm using a "white noise" patch to test, a great way hear it all working as I drown in a sea of modulation.

Help me Obiwan, you're my only hope..

Attachments

• PHSR AND FLG LFO TEST.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Hey, just a heads up, I'm getting a 404 error when I try to download the firmware for the II from the support page, the link's busted. The link from the first post of this thread does work though, and yeah, I got it now.

FAS is like NYC - the company that never sleeps ;)

Still waiting patiently for G3fying of Brit Pre and IIC+ :roll

Removed Update Amps All Presets utility because the majority of users don’t seem to grasp the purpose of this function.

Instead of criticizing us, educate us on its usage.

Anytime a firmware update requires a resetting of the amplifiers you could have instructions on how to "reset all amps" in your release notes.

Improved power tube grid conduction modeling. This yields better dynamics and edge-of-breakup tones, particularly when the virtual power amp is being overdriven.

Added Tap Tempo mode option to Global menu. “Average” averages up to the last ten taps. “Last Two” uses only the most recent two taps to determine the tempo.

Thanks Cliff for the update, I cannot wait to try this out.

So the improvement for the power tube grid is for all amp models? If so AWESOME, if not, I was just curious. Also, thank you thank you thank you for the Tap Tempo mode change, that will be a huge time saver on stage.

After installing last night I thought that my hi-gain patches all had less clarity. I must'v had some kind of bunny ear goin on or something, because this morning they sound great - in particular my low/mid gain patches.

Thanks for the update.

LOL—I had juuuust finished updating to 18.04, along with updating the MFC, Axe-Edit, and Fractal-Bot, when 18.06 showed up on the forum!
Thanks, it sounds great!

Noob question, once we download the firmware do we need to do anything to our presets? Are the updates automatically implemented to the amps/presets?

Back
Top Bottom