Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.04 Released

Friday is a holiday good friday and its long weekend ,i would suspect Fractal will be closed Fri ,sat ,sun mon .Thursday would be there Friday this week .Again just guessing maybe could be totally off base

You have obviously never met Cliff Chase. He works 24/7. Holidays, bathroom breaks, probably when he's asleep too. Cliff hasn't taken a bank holiday off in 10 years. Same goes for Matt too.

Good Friday is not a legal "holiday", per se. It's more of a religious observation. Even the post office doesn't take it off, and they'll seize any excuse. So, no long weekend.

Good Friday is not a legal "holiday", per se. It's more of a religious observation. Even the post office doesn't take it off, and they'll seize any excuse. So, no long weekend.

up here in Canada it is a holiday ,Easter monday is not but good Friday always is

Don't want to be pushy or anything. Just curious if we have an ETA for G3ed 2c+ from JP? any ideas cliff? ETAs?

Don't want to be pushy or anything. Just curious if we have an ETA for G3ed 2c+ from JP? any ideas cliff? ETAs?

I was also impatient for that amp, until I tried the G3ified Tucana. It is a great amp, you may consider trying it until the 2c is G3ified.

You need to remember that synchronising schedules between a busy touring artist and Cliff's right hand man having time to drive up to Johns house to collect the amp is difficult at best. I would be surprised if Matt has even picked up the amp yet. Have patience my friend. It will happen eventually.

I'd just like to say that when I upgraded to 18.04, I was one of the people who found the update to be overly dark and lacking in gain, definition, etc. Even when I switched to an amp with a lot of sizzle like the 5150, I couldn't hear anything over around 2khz until the presence was on at least 9, weird things like that.

Then I read about the System Reset fix a few people have mentioned and decided to try it.

That was definitely it. My Axe-FX is back. Everything sounds phenomenal now just like it used to, but even better with the new update. Every amp I try sounds great from the start, all controls at noon, and tweaking only makes them better.

Thank you, Fractal!

You need to remember that synchronising schedules between a busy touring artist and Cliff's right hand man having time to drive up to Johns house to collect the amp is difficult at best. I would be surprised if Matt has even picked up the amp yet. Have patience my friend. It will happen eventually.

For sure :) Just to be correct, DT is in studio right now, So I think the chances of getting it sooner than later might be higher :D I can wait though. Nothing to complain here. 18.04 Rocks.

I don't know for 100% sure but I swear 18.04 sounds better than .03. Either way I'm digging what I'm hearing.

For sure :) Just to be correct, DT is in studio right now, So I think the chances of getting it sooner than later might be higher :D I can wait though. Nothing to complain here. 18.04 Rocks.

if they're in the studio now, JP probably needs it

The great thing about the "long plate" tube type is that I can enjoy the long plate tone without worrying about microphonics!
I've always liked the tone of the long plate tubes in my real AC30 amps, but always struggled with microphonic tubes.

Then I read about the System Reset fix a few people have mentioned and decided to try it.

Whenever I load a new firmware I just reset everything to be 100% sure everything is all good. I know it's not needed all the time, but I like to do it anyway.
Doesn't take long to quickly go through and change everything back, so well worth the extra few minutes IMO.
Also means I've never had an issue like the one you've just experienced.

Back
Top Bottom